ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-29-2018, 12:18 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Big difference between a fast RB and a fast WR. A fast WR who can't catch or get separation is useless, except for trading for a backup QB. All a fast RB needs to be able to do is hold onto the ball and have good vision.
You do realize that Dorsett in 2016!Had the same pass catch percentage as TY did as a rookie. Right at 56%. That same yr 2016 TY was at 59%. Last yr in NE he was at 68%

Not sure why you would say he can’t catch. He was used horribly by Chud.
Old 07-29-2018, 01:37 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,414 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
You do realize that Dorsett in 2016!Had the same pass catch percentage as TY did as a rookie. Right at 56%. That same yr 2016 TY was at 59%. Last yr in NE he was at 68%

Who was throwing to TY and who was throwing to Dorsett?
Old 07-29-2018, 01:51 PM

Quote:

Small sample size.

Dorsett had a whole 18 catches his rookie year in 2015. Hilton had 50 his rookie year in 2012.

Dorsett had a whopping 12 catches all of last year in New England.

His catch percentage is irrelevant because he doesn’t receive targets in any volume. Yes, Chud sucked and was rightly shown the door. But he couldn’t do anything last year in NE either.

Chud sucks. Dorsett also sucks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Coltsalr For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (07-29-2018)
Old 07-29-2018, 10:24 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Small sample size.

Dorsett had a whole 18 catches his rookie year in 2015. Hilton had 50 his rookie year in 2012.

Dorsett had a whopping 12 catches all of last year in New England.

His catch percentage is irrelevant because he doesn’t receive targets in any volume. Yes, Chud sucked and was rightly shown the door. But he couldn’t do anything last year in NE either.

Chud sucks. Dorsett also sucks.
watch Lucks highlights from 2016. See how many of the plays were Dorsett

https://youtu.be/IUAy3hQGY6w

As a STH that yr I watched how they used Dorsett. He was used primarily to stretch the field Many many times he was wide open but never got the ball thrown his way. Of course a lot of that had to do with Luck not having the time to find him also.

Either way. To say Dorsett couldn’t catch or get separation is silly
Old 07-29-2018, 10:38 PM

Quote:
watch Lucks highlights from 2016. See how many of the plays were Dorsett

https://youtu.be/IUAy3hQGY6w

As a STH that yr I watched how they used Dorsett. He was used primarily to stretch the field Many many times he was wide open but never got the ball thrown his way. Of course a lot of that had to do with Luck not having the time to find him also.

Either way. To say Dorsett couldn’t catch or get separation is silly
I don’t disagree with what you’re saying here, I just happen to believe he sucks in other ways:

Quote:
PICK NO. 29 – PHILLIP DORSETT, WR, NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (FROM INDIANAPOLIS)
2017 overall grade: 52.0 (80th)

Coveted as a true burner that could stretch the defense coming out of Miami (Fla.), Phillip Dorsett faced a steep learning curve when asked to expand his route tree, causing him to fall out of favor with the Indianapolis Colts just two years into his NFL career. Heading into Year 2 now with the Patriots, Dorsett’s versatility as a route runner must improve to warrant a spike in production in what has been a limited career.

As a rookie in 2015, Dorsett ran either crossing routes or ‘go’ routes on 44.4 percent of his 36 targets, and when Indianapolis’ coaching staff pushed him to branch out as a sophomore in the NFL, the results weren’t favorable. He saw a 42.0 percent increase in targets on hitches and in routes in 2016, but his passer rating when targeted on the two routes fell 40.3 and 19.1 points below the league average, respectively. He also earned a career-low 45.2 overall grade in the same season.

Dorsett was able to return to his comfort zone in New England, as crossing routes or ‘go’ routes accounted for 45.0 percent of his 20 targets. Of course, as previously mentioned, success in this league only comes outside of his comfort zone.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...-years-in-2018

No, he doesn’t have cement hands and yes, he obviously has the raw speed to get behind a defense when he’s allowed to just run a Go route.

The problem is that he offers exactly no versatility, he’s a poor route runner (on anything besides running at his top speed). There’s a reason why nobody has been able to get anything out of him.
The Following User Says Thank You to Coltsalr For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (07-30-2018)
Old 07-30-2018, 09:14 AM

Thanked 4,434 Times in 2,541 Posts

Quote:
I don’t disagree with what you’re saying here, I just happen to believe he sucks in other ways:

No, he doesn’t have cement hands and yes, he obviously has the raw speed to get behind a defense when he’s allowed to just run a Go route.

The problem is that he offers exactly no versatility, he’s a poor route runner (on anything besides running at his top speed). There’s a reason why nobody has been able to get anything out of him.
Kind of validates my comments about speedy WRs.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:10 AM

Quote:

I suspect that this year will tell us everything we need to know about Mr. Dorsett. I read that he's learning to run the slot because he knows that versatility is the table stakes for succeeding in New England's offense. Also with Amendola, the other guy whose name I can't remember (cook i think), and Edelman all gone/off for 4 games he will have an opportunity that should shine a bright light on whether he can deliver and use his speed productively or not. Also it's the last year of his rookie contract. All the stars should be aligning for him. My personal opinion is that he probably won't make it but if he does then good for him....I'm satisfied with the value we got from that trade. Brisset is a hell of a backup to have on the bench behind Andrew.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (07-30-2018)