ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-16-2022, 11:20 AM

I think you have to give Wentz another year.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kitekrazy For This Useful Post:
CanuckColt (02-17-2022), Colts And Orioles (02-16-2022)
Old 02-16-2022, 04:58 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,282 Times in 2,024 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitekrazy View Post

o

I agree, and I know that you and I are in the vast minority here on ColtFreaks in regard to that subject ...... but if some issue is bubbling under the surface that has little to nothing to do with Wentz' play on the field, he may not get that chance ...... not necessarily because Reich, Ballard, and Irsay don't think that he deserves another chance, but rather because there is something else about Wentz that has turned them off to him.

And if that is indeed is what is happening and it plays out that way (Wentz gets cut from the team for some other reason besides his play/ability), then in a sense, the Big 3 in our organization will be cutting off their noses to spite their faces.

Now, is it possible that those 3 people do in fact cut their noses off to spite their faces and the Colts wind up with a better quarterback than Wentz for the 2022 season anyway ??? Yes, that is possible. But it is also possible that Wentz could improve next season after having had a full year of experience under his belt with his new team ...... the odds may not be in his favor, but it is possible. Somewhere inside of there is the quarterback who led his team to 3 consecutive playoff berths while throwing 81 TD passes and only 21 INT's with a 64.4% completion ratio in the 2017, 2018, and 2019 seasons combined. It's a gamble that may be under 50%, but considering that he is already here and that we already gave up the 2022 first-round draft pick, I hope that the Colts roll the dice with him.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 02-16-2022, 06:05 PM

Quote:
No you don't !!!!!! Colt's just can not keep waiting till next year !!!
Old 02-16-2022, 06:26 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Therein is the rub. What are the alternatives? I would guess they feel they need to move on from the guy before his stench permeates the locker room, but what are the options as a replacement? Sam is likely not ready, and may never be. I read Love might be traded, but is he an upgrade? Doubtful. Jimmy G? Maybe, but not likely to be that much better. The top three names (Rodgers, Wilson, Watson) are very remote dreams. Other FA guys are about the same. The draft shows no real promise. Maybe they go after a FA guy for a couple of years, and hope to catch fire with the surrounding cast. All I know is that Wentz will likely be gone, and that is probably a good thing.
Have to wait to see how the dominoes fall. Rodgers just ended his engagement. Maybe he is ready for something new. Options available seem to be:
1. Keep Wentz, hope he improves. But likely get same results.
2. Trade Wentz. Try to get a upgrade veteran. Lose lots of draft capital.
3. Trade Wentz, roll with a rookie or Sam. Maybe hope for a high draft pick next year.
Old 02-16-2022, 06:40 PM

Thanked 4,423 Times in 2,536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

I agree, and I know that you and I are in the vast minority here on ColtFreaks in regard to that subject ...... but if some issue is bubbling under the surface that has little to nothing to do with Wentz' play on the field, he may not get that chance ...... not necessarily because Reich, Ballard, and Irsay don't think that he deserves another chance, but rather because there is something else about Wentz that has turned them off to him.

And if that is indeed is what is happening and it plays out that way (Wentz gets cut from the team for some other reason besides his play/ability), then in a sense, the Big 3 in our organization will be cutting off their noses to spite their faces.

Now, is it possible that those 3 people do in fact cut their noses off to spite their faces and the Colts wind up with a better quarterback than Wentz for the 2022 season anyway ??? Yes, that is possible. But it is also possible that Wentz could improve next season after having had a full year of experience under his belt with his new team ...... the odds may not be in his favor, but it is possible. Somewhere inside of there is the quarterback who led his team to 3 consecutive playoff berths while throwing 81 TD passes and only 21 INT's with a 64.4% completion ratio in the 2017, 2018, and 2019 seasons combined. It's a gamble that may be under 50%, but considering that he is already here and that we already gave up the 2022 first-round draft pick, I hope that the Colts roll the dice with him.

o
Look, I wanted Wentz to be the answer once we traded for him. I see that he is not. However, if we keep him another year (which I doubt will happen) then I will wish for him to pull off a miracle and actually be the answer. I have blue sunglasses, and always hope for the best. However, I also like to cut the losses when they are obvious. Something about Wentz was just wrong for this team last year. Maybe we roll the dice elsewhere and hit paydirt.
apballin (02-16-2022), CletusPyle (02-16-2022), rcubed (02-17-2022), Spike (02-16-2022)
Old 02-16-2022, 06:42 PM

Thanked 4,423 Times in 2,536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Have to wait to see how the dominoes fall. Rodgers just ended his engagement. Maybe he is ready for something new. Options available seem to be:
1. Keep Wentz, hope he improves. But likely get same results.
2. Trade Wentz. Try to get a upgrade veteran. Lose lots of draft capital.
3. Trade Wentz, roll with a rookie or Sam. Maybe hope for a high draft pick next year.
I think Rodgers stays in GB or retires. I don't think Wilson will be traded, and if he is, we do not have the ammo to be in the mix. Maybe Bridgewater or Winston can be signed and work out. I am not convinced on either being successful. Maybe Sam is ready next year, but I doubt it. No good players in the draft available. That leaves a free agent, or Wentz. See my post above for my thoughts on him.
Old 02-16-2022, 07:57 PM

Thanked 2,274 Times in 1,225 Posts

WWBB do?
Old 02-16-2022, 08:00 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
I think Rodgers stays in GB or retires. I don't think Wilson will be traded, and if he is, we do not have the ammo to be in the mix. Maybe Bridgewater or Winston can be signed and work out. I am not convinced on either being successful. Maybe Sam is ready next year, but I doubt it. No good players in the draft available. That leaves a free agent, or Wentz. See my post above for my thoughts on him.
We have the capital if we want to use it. You just throw future firsts and other picks to compensate.
Old 02-16-2022, 09:49 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

I may be alone but I don't believe we have the capital to go after a top QB if they become available. Not with the number of teams needing a QB and us not having a number one this year. You are going to need at least two number ones and even if it was accepted it would give us three years in a row without a number one. Think Ballard will be in for that? We are not one QB away from the Super Bowl anyway. Our situation sucks big time. Missing on Wentz has put us in a world of hurt. I don't see any answer right now but don't want us pulling off some bullshit panic move that sets us back even further. We need calm heads, especially right now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-17-2022), rcubed (02-17-2022)
Old 02-16-2022, 10:51 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Nonsense. Wentz is not the answer, Wentz will never be the answer.

He is a fatally flawed quarterback whose shortcomings get magnified the bigger the moment. He is the antithesis of clutch. His mechanics fall apart, he has zero pocket presence, he locks in on receivers, and he never just takes the layup.

We will never win a big game with Wentz at quarterback, I firmly believe that now.

So the only logical thing to do is to move on and keep looking.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (02-17-2022), Racehorse (02-17-2022)