ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-25-2023, 01:12 PM

Levis pro day. A lot of attention to his footwork. As usual none of the shit Dam speaks of shows up here. His unwavering love affair for Stroud is a little unnerving.
Levis throwing across his body on the run, and being accurate is something I didn't see in some of his videos I have watched, until this one. Dude is very accurate on the run in awkward throwing positions. One thing that stands out? Dude has a fucking lightening quick release. When the ball reaches the apex of height before release and he cuts it loose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gFaJY-Sh4Y
CletusPyle (03-25-2023)
Old 03-25-2023, 01:18 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,139 Times in 646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
Levis pro day. A lot of attention to his footwork. As usual none of the shit Dam speaks of shows up here. His unwavering love affair for Stroud is a little unnerving.
Levis throwing across his body on the run, and being accurate is something I didn't see in some of his videos I have watched, until this one. Dude is very accurate on the run in awkward throwing positions. One thing that stands out? Dude has a fucking lightening quick release. When the ball reaches the apex of height before release and he cuts it loose.

His quick release is impressive and how he doesn’t have to load up to throw
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (03-25-2023), Lov2fish (03-25-2023)
Old 03-25-2023, 02:14 PM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

I saw the highlights of his pro day and was very impressed...maybe the Colts seeming lack of interest is just a rouse to disguise their true intentions. I have liked Levis from the beginning and will be ecstatic if that is who we end up drafting!
Old 03-25-2023, 02:42 PM

Thanked 1,670 Times in 798 Posts

Quote:

I'll be devil's advocate and split hairs. Kind of have to, he's throwing against air.

What do you think of his placement and touch? His velocity is obviously great. Throws like 0:53 or the wheel routes at 4:09 (right) and 4:32 (left) where the receivers have to stop their momentum, contort for the ball, and end up spinning their bodies the opposite direction. A few others where they at least have to slow up for the ball or the ball is a little high.

The throw at 3:07 is simultaneously impressive for getting it to his guy on that kind of platform and also concerning because if he set himself up better, that receiver doesn't have to slow down and basket catch it near his knees. That's a tough completion against an NFL DB.

Again, splitting hairs... but it is against air and we are talking about a premium draft pick.
Old 03-25-2023, 02:49 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,665 Times in 964 Posts

Quote:

It literally happens on 50% or more of the throws. Watch his front foot when he plants it to throw, specifically where his toes are pointing in relation to where he is throwing the ball. About the only time his foot points in the correct direction is when he completely turns his body to throw the ball in the other direction. His toes on his front foot should be pointing in the direction of the throw when he throws the ball. They almost never are, the exception being when the entire body turns to make a throw.
Old 03-25-2023, 02:52 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
I'll be devil's advocate and split hairs. Kind of have to, he's throwing against air.

What do you think of his placement and touch? His velocity is obviously great. Throws like 0:53 or the wheel routes at 4:09 (right) and 4:32 (left) where the receivers have to stop their momentum, contort for the ball, and end up spinning their bodies the opposite direction. A few others where they at least have to slow up for the ball or the ball is a little high.

The throw at 3:07 is simultaneously impressive for getting it to his guy on that kind of platform and also concerning because if he set himself up better, that receiver doesn't have to slow down and basket catch it near his knees. That's a tough completion against an NFL DB.

Again, splitting hairs... but it is against air and we are talking about a premium draft pick.
These are exactly the kind of accuracy issues that are caused by his mechanical flaw.

If you don't believe what I'm talking about exists, grab a football, step into a throw, and point your foot in the opposite direction of the throw before throwing the ball. It's the best way to learn why it's a problem.
Old 03-25-2023, 03:03 PM
Post whore

Throw at 3:10 illustrates my point perfectly. His body is contorted so badly he has to hop to avoid injuring himself.
Old 03-25-2023, 03:54 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,139 Times in 646 Posts

The only thing that bothered me was how he spins the ball in his hand constantly I don’t know if that was a pro day thing or something he normally does but that shits gotta stop
Old 03-25-2023, 04:15 PM

Thanked 2,274 Times in 1,225 Posts

Watched his pro day. I was not super impressed with his accuracy. It has to improve.

That said, in watching his interviews and the interview with Mark Stoops, I believe that he can improve in that area. If Levis proves to be coachable and willing to work on every aspect of his game, then that makes him the anti-Wentz.

If the Colts pick Levis at #4, I would not be shocked and I can't say that I'll be terribly disappointed.
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (03-25-2023)
Old 03-25-2023, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post

I never said he didn't have flaws. I have said since day one I would not draft any of the four being touted in this years draft. I would trade back and gain capital. Ballard will pull the trigger on a QB though, you know he will after the past failed attempts at guys hanging onto their careers for to long.