ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-15-2019, 05:29 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Seems like some overreaction on Brissett. He didn’t have a particularly good game, but IMO this is why they gave him the extension. He isn’t an upper echelon QB at this point. We knew that. Anyone expecting more than he’s done so far was deluding themselves. The question is how much does he progress with competent coaching and meaningful experience.
Some of the things he's doing aren't likely going to change with coaching or playing more than he already has. The bad clock management, the holding onto the ball too long, the inability to find another option often when his first read isn't there.
Old 09-15-2019, 05:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
Some of the things he's doing aren't likely going to change with coaching or playing more than he already has. The bad clock management, the holding onto the ball too long, the inability to find another option often when his first read isn't there.
I think it's cause for concern but I wouldn't give up on him yet to improve those things.
Old 09-15-2019, 05:40 PM

Quote:
I'm not ready to give up on him, but I do question his football instincts.
Old 09-15-2019, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcolt View Post
FFS guys, good god don't you all bitch and moan about every damn little thing.

About the only thing i agree with regards whinging on about things, was the time it took for the officials to call the penalties. I thought most of the flags thrown were fairly legit. But the commentators were fine, just like they were not that horrific last week either. Hooker made a good play to get his hand on the attempted interception, could he possibly have laid out for it, maybe, but he still was in great position.

AV he has had two bad games in a row, maybe he is carrying some sort of injury, i don't know. But if he goes the remainder of the season practically perfect, some of you are going to look like fools. He might also just say i have had enough and hang them up. But in my mind he plays for the Colts for as long as he wants to.....within reason....two very poor games does not get the GOAT cut ever, that stretches to 4, 5 etc, then you think again.

Brissett played fairly well, i am laying no blame on him for the interception, just a good defensive play. The fumble wasn't great, he held on to the ball too long a couple of times, but he showed fantastic escapability from the pocket to extend some of the plays. I am not quite sure what the long pass to T.Y. was all about, in terms of the play call....pass was almost on the money, but we should have been running the clock out.

I thought i our DE's were pretty awful, we didn't get any pressure from the outside, but up the middle Autry was awesome. Did Banogu or Houston even play? Khari Willis made a couple of nice tackles. Hopefully Desir's injury isn't too bad, as he was playing really well. Wilkins, just look like he runs with a passion. Thought Mack played ok even if he stat line doesn't look all that great. I still don't get what everyone sees in Hines, he just doesn't do anything for me.

The rookies are getting some serious playing time, Ya-Sin will possibly see even more snaps if Desir is hurt, Banogu, Okereke, Willis, Campbell all saw more game time this week. Not sure i saw Speed on defense, but he was on the active roster today.

All in all i enjoyed the game, with a victory against an AFC South rival, we are now 1-1 in two road games, and have our first home game of the season this week against the Falcons, things are looking good.
Those announcers were awful and clueless.

I can't stand it when its obvious they don't watch the teams they are announcing for during the week, or do any research

Didn't they twice say the Colts were the defending division champs? No they aren't. Should be, but aren't

Not knowing about Reich and his willingness to go for it on 4th down, at least by one of them, the other knew.

"I don't remember a coach making a call like this on 4th down" OK not only the reich OT game last year, but the famous 4th and 2 call by BB against the Colts?

Idiots. If it doesn't involve NE or Pitt or Dallas, they don't pay attention on a weekly basis. ANd they get into announcing a game like this on, it shows.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post

I can't stand it when its obvious they don't watch the teams they are announcing for during the week, or do any research

Didn't they twice say the Colts were the defending division champs? No they aren't. Should be, but aren't

Not knowing about Reich and his willingness to go for it on 4th down, at least by one of them, the other knew.

"I don't remember a coach making a call like this on 4th down" OK not only the reich OT game last year, but the famous 4th and 2 call by BB against the Colts?

Idiots. If it doesn't involve NE or Pitt or Dallas, they don't pay attention on a weekly basis. ANd they get into announcing a game like this on, it shows.
I wish they'd let each team have their own announce team and the road team's announcers is the one that would used for the broadcast in markets outside of the home team's market. The home team would have their announcers calling the game on their local network affiliate, assuming the game is a sell out.

This would never happen since it's all about the main network needing to have a unified message, and having absolute control over any editorializing or wayward chatter that may not be in lock step with their view of how a game should be called.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:15 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexo View Post
I think it's cause for concern but I wouldn't give up on him yet to improve those things.
Oh I'm not giving up on him. He does some good things too. I just think the chances of him fixing some of the bad things are low if he hasn't corrected them by this point in his career.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:30 PM

Quote:
I definitely disagree on the first two. They are well within the range of coaching. The progression issue is certainly a little tougher, but yes it is still coachable.

For years the knock on Luck was protecting the ball - being to aggressive. Brissett is the opposite. He’s to risk adverse. I’m not sure he doesn’t go thru the progressions. I think he may want a bigger window to throw the ball than Luck did. Luck had a lot of Favre in him. Brissett is more of the Brady style (not talking ability, only the style of ball protection).
Old 09-15-2019, 07:37 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
I'm not ready to give up on him, but I do question his football instincts.
If they have the same problems at the midpoint, its him. If he has the goods, the game will slow down
Old 09-16-2019, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post

This is live TV....i don't care about mistakes such as that, that doesn't make the commentary awful, if they are just being asses during the commentary, or consistently calling out the wrong names of players, clearly being biased etc that to me is poor commentary, making a mistake, happens. To me they didn't detract from the game, they brought the game to the world in a generally efficient/professional manner.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
Colts 21 Titans 17
well done Smitty - those two missed PATs were all that separated you from perfection
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaka For This Useful Post:
smitty46953 (09-16-2019)