ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-23-2023, 01:08 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Yeah Minshew is just good enough coupled with what is a pretty solid D to probably finish 7-9 or so. That's probably gonna put us in the 12-15 range. If possible, go get Keon Coleman from FSU- he is right there with Marv, huge, strong, and fast. No matter what we do with Pitt (I want them to keep him)- this next draft we MUST go get AR another weapon.
It's a deep WR class, but after Marv there is a drop-off. I'm not sure what Keon's 40 time will be but I think it will be slower than Pierce and a little faster than Pittman. I think we have that style already. Not sure if that adds more diversity to the WR room. I think they would like more speed in there.

I think I would go defensive line if one of the top couple prospects is there then WR in the second, someone like Zavier Worthy who is 4.29 fast and can play slot or outside, can get yac yards. He has a track background and has great explosion able to get up to speed quickly. We haven't had that kind of speed since TY in his prime. He would be dangerous on a lot of the screen passes Steichen likes to run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR3-...FootballNation

Last edited by Chromeburn; 10-23-2023 at 01:16 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (10-23-2023)
Old 10-23-2023, 04:42 PM

Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,226 Posts

This is a fun team to watch again
Steichen has replaced the stench of Reich
Is Josh Downs the best rookie WR out there?
Say what you want about Alec Pierce, but he blocks his ass off
I'm starting to sour on Gus Bradley
The turnovers have to stop
Hosed by the stripes just like always
Maybe our WR's are better than we thought. The Browns played a lot of m2m and we were winning our match ups
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (10-23-2023), Racehorse (10-23-2023), Spike (10-23-2023)
Old 10-23-2023, 04:54 PM

Thanked 1,670 Times in 798 Posts

I had to rewatch because I was distracted in the 2nd half for a birthday, plus I needed to cool off. What a remarkable game. At any point in the game, just don't look at the scoreboard, and it honestly feels like we're stomping the shit out of them.

-Obligatory fuck the refs. Won't harp because the whole world saw it and the game still counts. Unbelievably frustrating.

-That aside, we lost this game due to turnovers. And people (not here) don't seem to understand that a turnover is the most valuable thing in the game. It's worth more than a TD. We gave them the ball in our territory 4 times (42, 36, 26, and a straight TD). Final sack was whatever at that point.

-Minshew was responsible for two. One bad pass in the 3rd with other options. And the first sack-fumble, he doesn't eat the ball as he's going down, he tries to get rid of it. Just protect it.

-That ^^ doesn't excuse Raimann from the first sack. He got absolutely annihilated on that rep by Garret. Just don't turn a sack into a catastrophe, Minshew.

-The sack-fumble TD actually looks like it was designed to be a triple-team on Garrett. TE chip, Fries passes to Kelly and works back towards Freeland, and Freeland is just absolutely lost. Hard to even say he got beat because he was so lost. Minshew did the fade-away thing he does and has no idea he's about to die.

-Nothing you can do about Garrett blocking that FG. Holy fucking shit, what a play.

-Offense looked pretty damn good minus the TO's (though only 2 were preventable). Run game was the focus, 18 rushes a piece for the backs, and JT showed up as a receiver. Great catch, too. Even Minshew got some runs. 40 rushes is way better than 55 passes for this team.

-Downs looks great. People keep comparing to Hilton, which I get. He strikes me as more of a Manning-era receiver. I like him a lot. All three WR's were effective.

-All sacks were on the OL today, unlike some previous games. Myles Garrett looks like prime Khalil Mack and worked our young OT's. Nelson got worked for a sack as well.

-Thing is... if we simply take the sack and don't fumble in our territory, there's a good chance this is a blowout. They gave up these splash plays, but it Minshew wasn't under constant duress. And the run-blocking was good. But that's the value of turnovers.

-Defense was actually pretty good outside of...

(1)The opening TD run: Jones was lost and didn't fill, Thomas was way too shallow and had a poor angle, and Leonard possibly had a shot but didn't take it. Pew! Goodbye.

(2)The final drive was super soft. PJ Walker made a clutch 30yd throw, then we left the middle WIDE open. Then the flag and the flag. Poor Baker had a nightmare final drive.

-Weird to say after 39 points, but the defense was kind of kicking their ass. The stats backup the eyeball test. Stats thread will be interesting this week.

-Aside from that opening run, CLE wasn't moving the ball.

-Franklin is amazing with his intensity and production.

-Kenny Moore was really good.

-Leonard is looking incrementally better. Still nowhere near $20m good without the TO's.

-I don't criticize Steichen for being aggressive. It wasn't the calls, it was the execution. If our rookie backup OT gives Garrett ANYTHING more than a pat on the back, Minshew releases that ball.

Sucks, but I said the same thing about Reich when he was aggressive and our players got beat. Don't coach scared and against your nature. Players have to make the plays. Thankfully, most mistakes are coming from our very young players who will learn and be better for it with their immense talent.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (10-23-2023), CletusPyle (10-23-2023), Hoopsdoc (10-24-2023), Ironshaft (10-23-2023), omahacolt (10-27-2023), Racehorse (10-23-2023), Spike (10-23-2023), YDFL Commish (10-23-2023)
Old 10-23-2023, 06:02 PM

Thanked 1,995 Times in 1,137 Posts

Michael Wilbon on PTI just said "The Colts got hosed, completely hosed, the league should be embarrassed by that" and Korheiser agreed.

Meanwhile Roger lays back and enjoys the Monday evening stroke jobs courtesy of all his made for television "official review" personnel.

Dude has made this shit so WWE...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (10-23-2023), dwilli57 (10-24-2023), Racehorse (10-23-2023), Spike (10-23-2023)
Old 10-23-2023, 07:14 PM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Michael Wilbon on PTI just said "The Colts got hosed, completely hosed, the league should be embarrassed by that" and Korheiser agreed.

Meanwhile Roger lays back and enjoys the Monday evening stroke jobs courtesy of all his made for television "official review" personnel.

Dude has made this shit so WWE...
Gene Steratore Is Roger's chief sphincter and ball washer!
ChoppedWood (10-23-2023), Spike (10-23-2023), YDFL Commish (10-23-2023)
Old 10-23-2023, 07:51 PM

Thanked 1,344 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post

-Nothing you can do about Garrett blocking that FG. Holy fucking shit, what a play.
You can not try a 60 yard FG early in the 2nd quarter of a tie game.
Old 10-23-2023, 08:00 PM

Thanked 1,344 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
It's a deep WR class, but after Marv there is a drop-off. I'm not sure what Keon's 40 time will be but I think it will be slower than Pierce and a little faster than Pittman. I think we have that style already. Not sure if that adds more diversity to the WR room. I think they would like more speed in there.

I think I would go defensive line if one of the top couple prospects is there then WR in the second, someone like Zavier Worthy who is 4.29 fast and can play slot or outside, can get yac yards. He has a track background and has great explosion able to get up to speed quickly. We haven't had that kind of speed since TY in his prime. He would be dangerous on a lot of the screen passes Steichen likes to run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR3-...FootballNation
That's a good point. What we're really lacking is a burner who can blow the top off the D. Would be great to pick one up for next season.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (10-27-2023)
Old 10-23-2023, 08:43 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
I had to rewatch because I was distracted in the 2nd half for a birthday, plus I needed to cool off. What a remarkable game. At any point in the game, just don't look at the scoreboard, and it honestly feels like we're stomping the shit out of them.

-Obligatory fuck the refs. Won't harp because the whole world saw it and the game still counts. Unbelievably frustrating.

-That aside, we lost this game due to turnovers. And people (not here) don't seem to understand that a turnover is the most valuable thing in the game. It's worth more than a TD. We gave them the ball in our territory 4 times (42, 36, 26, and a straight TD). Final sack was whatever at that point.

-Minshew was responsible for two. One bad pass in the 3rd with other options. And the first sack-fumble, he doesn't eat the ball as he's going down, he tries to get rid of it. Just protect it.

-That ^^ doesn't excuse Raimann from the first sack. He got absolutely annihilated on that rep by Garret. Just don't turn a sack into a catastrophe, Minshew.

-The sack-fumble TD actually looks like it was designed to be a triple-team on Garrett. TE chip, Fries passes to Kelly and works back towards Freeland, and Freeland is just absolutely lost. Hard to even say he got beat because he was so lost. Minshew did the fade-away thing he does and has no idea he's about to die.

-Offense looked pretty damn good minus the TO's (though only 2 were preventable). Run game was the focus, 18 rushes a piece for the backs, and JT showed up as a receiver. Great catch, too. Even Minshew got some runs. 40 rushes is way better than 55 passes for this team.

-Downs looks great. People keep comparing to Hilton, which I get. He strikes me as more of a Manning-era receiver. I like him a lot. All three WR's were effective.

-All sacks were on the OL today, unlike some previous games. Myles Garrett looks like prime Khalil Mack and worked our young OT's. Nelson got worked for a sack as well.

-Thing is... if we simply take the sack and don't fumble in our territory, there's a good chance this is a blowout. They gave up these splash plays, but it Minshew wasn't under constant duress. And the run-blocking was good. But that's the value of turnovers.

-Defense was actually pretty good outside of...

(1)The opening TD run: Jones was lost and didn't fill, Thomas was way too shallow and had a poor angle, and Leonard possibly had a shot but didn't take it. Pew! Goodbye.

(2)The final drive was super soft. PJ Walker made a clutch 30yd throw, then we left the middle WIDE open. Then the flag and the flag. Poor Baker had a nightmare final drive.

-Weird to say after 39 points, but the defense was kind of kicking their ass. The stats backup the eyeball test. Stats thread will be interesting this week.

-Aside from that opening run, CLE wasn't moving the ball.

-Franklin is amazing with his intensity and production.

-Kenny Moore was really good.

-Leonard is looking incrementally better. Still nowhere near $20m good without the TO's.

-I don't criticize Steichen for being aggressive. It wasn't the calls, it was the execution. If our rookie backup OT gives Garrett ANYTHING more than a pat on the back, Minshew releases that ball.

Sucks, but I said the same thing about Reich when he was aggressive and our players got beat. Don't coach scared and against your nature. Players have to make the plays. Thankfully, most mistakes are coming from our very young players who will learn and be better for it with their immense talent.
Good stuff

I don’t like the TY comps to Downs. I understand why, but TY was a lot faster, he ran a 4.3, Downs runs a 4.5. Downs is still a good athlete and super smooth, he can open those hips and stop on a dime, great short area quickness makes him a nitemare for LBs. But he doesn’t have that breakaway speed. I was thinking more a Doug Baldwin or a slower Steve Smith. Shifty but not as fast.

I’m willing to be patient with Shaq, he did what few other defenders could do. Gotta remember to this is a new system for him. He was in Eberflus’ cover 2 not this cover 3. Different responsibilities. That said Speed is making a play a game. Gonna be some hard decisions soon.

I think we were kicking their ass too. We had more yards, we were moving the ball. Turnovers and the refs killed us.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
ChaosTheory (10-23-2023)
Old 10-23-2023, 09:36 PM

Thanked 4,430 Times in 2,539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Good stuff

I don’t like the TY comps to Downs. I understand why, but TY was a lot faster, he ran a 4.3, Downs runs a 4.5. Downs is still a good athlete and super smooth, he can open those hips and stop on a dime, great short area quickness makes him a nitemare for LBs. But he doesn’t have that breakaway speed. I was thinking more a Doug Baldwin or a slower Steve Smith. Shifty but not as fast.

I’m willing to be patient with Shaq, he did what few other defenders could do. Gotta remember to this is a new system for him. He was in Eberflus’ cover 2 not this cover 3. Different responsibilities. That said Speed is making a play a game. Gonna be some hard decisions soon.

I think we were kicking their ass too. We had more yards, we were moving the ball. Turnovers and the refs killed us.
The TY comps have a lot to do with his elusive nature. He is another ghost.
ChoppedWood (10-23-2023), Chromeburn (10-24-2023), CletusPyle (10-23-2023), Spike (10-23-2023)
Old 10-23-2023, 10:23 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
The TY comps have a lot to do with his elusive nature. He is another ghost.
They definitely lose him out there. I think it has more to do with his similar height and size imo. But Hilton was an X receiver for a long time and the main receiving threat defenses focused on. Downs is a slot and the number two option at best on some plays. But we will see going forward.