ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-18-2022, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
You may be right, it will depend a lot on how the Chiefs come out, if they are flat and we have Leonard and Pittman back, with the home crowd, I give them a decent chance to pull it off!
You are on drugs. This team is the laughing stock of the AFC. Now I know how Cleveland fans felt for so many years.
The Following User Says Thank You to dwilli57 For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (09-18-2022)
Old 09-18-2022, 08:27 PM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilli57 View Post
You are on drugs. This team is the laughing stock of the AFC. Now I know how Cleveland fans felt for so many years.
I assure you I am not on drugs. I've just watched the NFL for years and I know what motivation that a humiliating loss like that can manufacture. I will be shocked if this team doesn't come out in their first home game, possibly with Leonard and Pittman back in the lineup, with some real fire in their belly! There is only one way to get the taste of a loss like that out of your mouth...that is come back strong and play your best game of the season in front of your home crowd!

But even if I am right and they come back strong against the Chiefs, it's obvious, this team is not what we all hoped it would be when the season started!
apballin (09-19-2022), Colts And Orioles (09-25-2022)
Old 09-18-2022, 08:33 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Fuck em. I am done with these idiots.
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (09-18-2022)
Old 09-18-2022, 08:36 PM

Absolutely true. Just so disgusted. I've been a Colts fan since I was 12 and I'm 65. Such high hopes for this year and they've completely dwindled away in 2 games.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dwilli57 For This Useful Post:
nate505 (09-18-2022), Oldcolt (09-19-2022), Racehorse (09-19-2022)
Old 09-18-2022, 08:57 PM

Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilli57 View Post
Perhaps, but the idea that upsets are unheard of in the NFL is just not correct, or that a good team will drop a game to a bad team.

Heck, the Colts did so in Kansas City a few years ago, and they were 10.5 dogs in that game.
CletusPyle (09-18-2022), dwilli57 (09-19-2022)
Old 09-18-2022, 09:15 PM

Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,489 Posts

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...eful-contender

"As pathetic as that was today, where this is and where we need to be, the distance is not that far," Reich said. "We have the players and coaches to do it. I know that doesn't play in the outside world, and I'm fine with that. We'll take our medicine and I'll take my medicine and we'll just keep doing what we do."

Were we watching the same game? I mean, the reason that doesn't play in the outside world is that we still have eyes in the outside world, and even the blind could see how uninspired and inept the Colts were in this game.

This wasn't a game of bad breaks, or even a college-esque "Ohio State beats Toledo because they have way more talent" type of loss. This was a team getting their ass completely handed to them and one that looked like they were almost irritated to be playing the game they get paid millions of dollars to play.
CletusPyle (09-18-2022), Dewey 5 (09-18-2022), Oldcolt (09-19-2022), YDFL Commish (09-18-2022)
Old 09-18-2022, 09:34 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
I assure you I am not on drugs. I've just watched the NFL for years and I know what motivation that a humiliating loss like that can manufacture. I will be shocked if this team doesn't come out in their first home game, possibly with Leonard and Pittman back in the lineup, with some real fire in their belly! There is only one way to get the taste of a loss like that out of your mouth...that is come back strong and play your best game of the season in front of your home crowd!

But even if I am right and they come back strong against the Chiefs, it's obvious, this team is not what we all hoped it would be when the season started!
Dude, Jacksonville beat their asses and bounced them out of the playoffs just 8 months ago.

If THAT embarrassing display didn’t motivate them, what makes you think this one will?

There’s something seriously missing with this team.

I’ll be less surprised if they come out and get embarrassed again against KC than I will be if they even keep it close.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
omahacolt (09-19-2022), Racehorse (09-19-2022)
Old 09-18-2022, 09:47 PM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Dude, Jacksonville beat their asses and bounced them out of the playoffs just 8 months ago.

If THAT embarrassing display didn’t motivate them, what makes you think this one will?

I’ll be less surprised if they come out and get embarrassed again against KC than I will be if they even keep it close.
I've seen teams come back after losses like this...I bet if you really think about it, you have too! I'm not ready to give up on the season after two games! Denver had to come from behind to squeak by Houston, the Jaguars are not a bad as many on this forum think they are...I'm not saying we shouldn't have beat them, but nothing went right today and we were missing our best WR and our best defensive player and only leader!
Old 09-18-2022, 10:21 PM

Thanked 4,300 Times in 1,759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post

did you see the quotes from kenny moore and leonard? they didn't care at all about getting smoked last year by the jags
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (09-18-2022)
Old 09-19-2022, 04:17 AM

What about Gus Bradley's pitiful defensive scheme? Anyone else miss Matt Eberflus? Indeed, that says it all.

His scheme stinks. Pass rush has been non-existent through two weeks, we've let two meh QBs dink and dunk all over us. Talk about a death by 1000 papercuts.

Where was the adjustment today? Staggeringly poor.
Brylok (09-19-2022), Racehorse (09-19-2022)