ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-15-2019, 04:17 PM

3 games in a row now with missed chip shots for AV.... FG I can understand but extra points? Good Gawd. Wonder if there is still some lingering injury issue that he is not being upfront about.

Hate to say it but he really needs to take stock of himself and make the hard call. I will still root for him good or bad if he wants to stay but one can't help think he needs to consider what will help this team more in the long run.
The Following User Says Thank You to BCN#1 For This Useful Post:
smitty46953 (09-15-2019)
Old 09-15-2019, 04:20 PM

Thanked 3,102 Times in 1,636 Posts

Yeah this is a 2-0 team... they cant keep doing this with A.V.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCN#1 View Post
3 games in a row now with missed chip shots for AV.... FG I can understand but extra points? Good Gawd. Wonder if there is still some lingering injury issue that he is not being upfront about.

Hate to say it but he really needs to take stock of himself and make the hard call. I will still root for him good or bad if he wants to stay but one can't help think he needs to consider what will help this team more in the long run.
I think the Colts just need to IR him and be done with it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coltsalr For This Useful Post:
Maniac (09-15-2019), Racehorse (09-15-2019)
Old 09-15-2019, 04:24 PM

Adam, you are the GOAT at placekicking. You had a good run, it's time to retire. Open a roster spot for Kelly, who By the way, might be better than Brissett. Brissett doesn't have it between the ears.

All in all, a win is a win, no matter how ugly.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:30 PM

Well its a win

Not sure about AV. Would sit down with him and see what he thinks

Can't keep missing kicks obviously but not sure what the problem is for him. Its not like the leg strength isn't there.

Brissett.....rough game, more what we expected from him I think. Has to get rid of the ball. And he Mariotta both seemed lost back there when their first read is not open.

That 2nd turnover, I don't think it matter if it was a throw or a fumble. Ball went backwards, so even if it was a throw, its a live ball. And the worst part is I don't know why he hesitated, he had a guy open on a short throw to the sideline. Easy pass.

Mack also falling back to earth. He still misses holes. Saw it in the first half one play, should have run between guard and tackle and he follows everyone out to the left to stop the play.

But take the win.
Old 09-15-2019, 05:07 PM

FFS guys, good god don't you all bitch and moan about every damn little thing.

About the only thing i agree with regards whinging on about things, was the time it took for the officials to call the penalties. I thought most of the flags thrown were fairly legit. But the commentators were fine, just like they were not that horrific last week either. Hooker made a good play to get his hand on the attempted interception, could he possibly have laid out for it, maybe, but he still was in great position.

AV he has had two bad games in a row, maybe he is carrying some sort of injury, i don't know. But if he goes the remainder of the season practically perfect, some of you are going to look like fools. He might also just say i have had enough and hang them up. But in my mind he plays for the Colts for as long as he wants to.....within reason....two very poor games does not get the GOAT cut ever, that stretches to 4, 5 etc, then you think again.

Brissett played fairly well, i am laying no blame on him for the interception, just a good defensive play. The fumble wasn't great, he held on to the ball too long a couple of times, but he showed fantastic escapability from the pocket to extend some of the plays. I am not quite sure what the long pass to T.Y. was all about, in terms of the play call....pass was almost on the money, but we should have been running the clock out.

I thought i our DE's were pretty awful, we didn't get any pressure from the outside, but up the middle Autry was awesome. Did Banogu or Houston even play? Khari Willis made a couple of nice tackles. Hopefully Desir's injury isn't too bad, as he was playing really well. Wilkins, just look like he runs with a passion. Thought Mack played ok even if he stat line doesn't look all that great. I still don't get what everyone sees in Hines, he just doesn't do anything for me.

The rookies are getting some serious playing time, Ya-Sin will possibly see even more snaps if Desir is hurt, Banogu, Okereke, Willis, Campbell all saw more game time this week. Not sure i saw Speed on defense, but he was on the active roster today.

All in all i enjoyed the game, with a victory against an AFC South rival, we are now 1-1 in two road games, and have our first home game of the season this week against the Falcons, things are looking good.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ukcolt For This Useful Post:
nate505 (09-15-2019), Racehorse (09-15-2019)
Old 09-15-2019, 05:14 PM

Seems like some overreaction on Brissett. He didn’t have a particularly good game, but IMO this is why they gave him the extension. He isn’t an upper echelon QB at this point. We knew that. Anyone expecting more than he’s done so far was deluding themselves. The question is how much does he progress with competent coaching and meaningful experience.
The Following User Says Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (09-15-2019)
Old 09-15-2019, 05:24 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,414 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCN#1 View Post

Since they moved Xpoints BACK, they aren't such a chip shot.
Old 09-15-2019, 05:25 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,414 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
Well its a win

Not sure about AV. Would sit down with him and see what he thinks

Can't keep missing kicks obviously but not sure what the problem is for him. Its not like the leg strength isn't there.

Brissett.....rough game, more what we expected from him I think. Has to get rid of the ball. And he Mariotta both seemed lost back there when their first read is not open.

That 2nd turnover, I don't think it matter if it was a throw or a fumble. Ball went backwards, so even if it was a throw, its a live ball. And the worst part is I don't know why he hesitated, he had a guy open on a short throw to the sideline. Easy pass.

Mack also falling back to earth. He still misses holes. Saw it in the first half one play, should have run between guard and tackle and he follows everyone out to the left to stop the play.

But take the win.
Mack had one play of 30 yards called back, so there's that
Old 09-15-2019, 05:28 PM

Thanked 4,430 Times in 2,539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Seems like some overreaction on Brissett. He didn’t have a particularly good game, but IMO this is why they gave him the extension. He isn’t an upper echelon QB at this point. We knew that. Anyone expecting more than he’s done so far was deluding themselves. The question is how much does he progress with competent coaching and meaningful experience.
Dude was 3-1 on TD-INT ratio. I'll take that any day.
Oldcolt (09-15-2019)