ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-25-2022, 06:29 PM

Thanked 1,995 Times in 1,137 Posts

It would certainly seem to indicate Jim has completely soured on Frank's ability to make any type of difference at the QB position, if not the whole team. Have to believe Frank's penchant for a grizzled vet as the leader ala let's let Nick have a chance at this, was smacked down by Jim with an insistence that we push Ehlinger in over him and let the cards fall where they fall. Which if so, says to me that Frank is a lame duck (good), but not entirely sure why he is still here if there is that little confidence in him?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (10-25-2022), Dewey 5 (10-25-2022), Racehorse (10-26-2022)
Old 10-25-2022, 06:41 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,039 Times in 1,866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilli57 View Post
Might be a guaranteed way to get a high draft pick bc we all know how great Foles would be.
Has anyone seen Foles lately? I didn't watch any of the preseason, and don't think I've even seen him in a Colts uniform. He had the easiest job in the NFL until yesterday afternoon. He's probably shitting himself now.
Old 10-25-2022, 08:03 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
It would certainly seem to indicate Jim has completely soured on Frank's ability to make any type of difference at the QB position, if not the whole team. Have to believe Frank's penchant for a grizzled vet as the leader ala let's let Nick have a chance at this, was smacked down by Jim with an insistence that we push Ehlinger in over him and let the cards fall where they fall. Which if so, says to me that Frank is a lame duck (good), but not entirely sure why he is still here if there is that little confidence in him?
The O line cant block either pass or run. I dont know what playing the kid at this time is going to accomplish. Teams are going to fill the box and double dog dare the Colts to pass. The opposition will throw every look possible to confuse Erlinger and the receivers. And the fans will boo without mercy.

If I had season tickets, I would ask for a refund
Old 10-25-2022, 08:47 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,139 Times in 646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
The O line cant block either pass or run. I dont know what playing the kid at this time is going to accomplish. Teams are going to fill the box and double dog dare the Colts to pass. The opposition will throw every look possible to confuse Erlinger and the receivers. And the fans will boo without mercy.

If I had season tickets, I would ask for a refund
I have season tickets and I’m excited for Sunday
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
Brylok (10-26-2022), ChoppedWood (10-25-2022), CletusPyle (10-25-2022), Racehorse (10-26-2022), Spike (10-25-2022)
Old 10-25-2022, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
I don’t think it means any such thing. Jim Irsay is smart enough to know that you don’t toss the keys to a 1973 Chevy Cavalier to Mario Andretti and expect him to win the Indy 500.

No one who watched Sunday’s game, or any game this year, can walk away saying to himself that, wow, if we’d only had a different coach, we would’ve won. Frank didn’t fumble 11 times, and he sure didn’t throw 9 interceptions, and he sure as heck isn’t one of the human speedbumps posing as LT’s
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kray007 For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (10-25-2022), JAFF (10-25-2022), Puck (10-26-2022)
Old 10-25-2022, 09:52 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Indystu2

If it hasn't been said already, let's not forget Frank likes him some Foles, who is now #2 in line. Setting Sam up for failure in more than one respect. Bad O-Line could lead to an injury that leads to Foles under center. No way for Jim to stop it that way. Just sayin'...

Stu
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Indystu2 For This Useful Post:
Brylok (10-26-2022), ChoppedWood (10-25-2022)
Old 10-25-2022, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray007 View Post
I don’t think it means any such thing. Jim Irsay is smart enough to know that you don’t toss the keys to a 1973 Chevy Cavalier to Mario Andretti and expect him to win the Indy 500.

No one who watched Sunday’s game, or any game this year, can walk away saying to himself that, wow, if we’d only had a different coach, we would’ve won. Frank didn’t fumble 11 times, and he sure didn’t throw 9 interceptions, and he sure as heck isn’t one of the human speedbumps posing as LT’s
I agree with that. Listening to S&Q this morning there was apparently another come to Jesus meeting with Irsay after the lost Sunday.

Obviously this may have just been a flat out Jim saying "I want Ryan out, and I want Sam in" and it could be as succinct as that. Could be.

I would venture to guess however that he sat them both down and asked them for their recommendations on how to get this shit going and in that convo I would be shocked for it to be Frank that said "let's throw in the short guy that has never thrown a pass in the NFL". Just doesn't seem his M.O. Thus my speculation he would make the recommendation of Foles, which would tell me Jim probably would look at him and say "I've listened to enough of your quarterback bullshit over the last several years, look at where it has landed my franchise, shut the fuck up, put in Sam".

Which would then lead me to believe Frank has no place at the table any longer, and if so, again I don't see why he still has a job.

BTW I listened to some of his talking on the Colts Live session tonight. He is truly just bad at being a head coach, he really is.

He was asked why Sam. He went on to explain how he is just a special talent and that EVERYONE in the organization has seen it since the day he got here. Dude, you just implied that you've wasted a year and a half on two BAD QB's while you had your generational QB tucked away under the rug. We're 7 games into the 2022 season, you had all of last season to see just how special he was and let him be the starter at the tail end to give us a spark as our QB was flailing the season away- but instead you stuck with a dude that cost you the playoffs and nearly your job, and this year it took you 7 fucking games to determine he was better than the guy you've been trotting out there. IF he really has this special talent and you squandered away a season and a half, then FUCK YOU- FIRE YOURSELF FOR INCOMPETENCE!

He should have just said that Ryan is hurt, we needed to change things up, to inject a little fire, and we felt like Sam was the right QB at the right time and we're going to change things up in a way to help him succeed.
Old 10-25-2022, 10:12 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,139 Times in 646 Posts

See Rappaport was on Mcafee saying it was Reichs call not Irsays, sayin he’s really been lighting it up since preseason
The Following User Says Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (10-25-2022)
Old 10-25-2022, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
I have season tickets and I’m excited for Sunday
No season tickets, but excited to see how he does.

I want to see a couple things:

1- I want to see the ball come out on time. Wentz was ATROCIOUS at not delivering in phase. Ryan was marginally better and Sunday he was perhaps WORSE than Wentz which is crazy. You watch these other teams, and even BAD QB's reach the top of their drop, and the ball is out, period, end of discussion. Might be a bad throw, might be intercepted, but it is getting thrown as the play is called. I will add that now that we have seen all 3 of our primary WR's making plays, I refuse to believe it is just a case of our WR's not getting open.

This is one area I want to see Sam just fling it- let the ball go and let's see how it plays out.

2- I want to see a willingness to attempt to kill the blitz with the streak. Nothing defeats the blitz like a long strike down the sidelines in 1:1 coverage. These D's have been pinning their ears back knowing this OL is atrocious. At leas throw the fucking ball down the field on that single high or empty set and let your guys have a chance. IF Ehlinger doesn't do that some this week then we KNOW this is squarely at the feet of Frank because he refuses to take this approach that EVERY OTHER FUCKING TEAM IN THE NFL DOES!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
apballin (10-26-2022), CletusPyle (10-25-2022)
Old 10-25-2022, 11:32 PM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
See Rappaport was on Mcafee saying it was Reichs call not Irsays, sayin he’s really been lighting it up since preseason
Wouldn't it be awesome if Sam does "light it up"! Is it possible that Reich would have made the change earlier but was forbidden to do it? I really think everybody in the organization wanted this to work, they really thought they had pulled off a miracle move. Reich knows that he's gone unless they at least make the playoffs, why would he want to to keep riding a worn out horse when he has a young fresh and according to him very talented guy in the wings?

Maybe this is Reich's Hail Mary? Man, this is getting more interesting and exciting by the minute!
Spike (10-26-2022)