ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-19-2021, 01:35 PM

Thanked 3,102 Times in 1,636 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
I don't figure Parris Campbell into next seasons receiving corps. If he is, it's a bonus.

Note to Chris Ballard, avoid drafting Ohio state players (Anthony Gonzalez, Malik Hooker, Parris Campbell)
Hooker is playing very well for the Cowboys.
Old 12-19-2021, 01:52 PM

Thanked 3,102 Times in 1,636 Posts

Watched what led up to the Pittman ejection several times and. We see pushes in games all the time... Dugger proceeds to forcefully ripping of Pittman's helmet and all you see Pittman do is try to protect himself. At no point did Pittman do anything to warrant getting thrown out of the game.
All this was is the Patriots getting a favor from the refs like they always do in about every damn game they play! A chance to take the Colts best receiver out? Refs---Let's do it! MFers!!

Last edited by Luck4Reich; 12-19-2021 at 01:54 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (12-19-2021), Racehorse (12-19-2021), Spike (12-19-2021), TheMugwump (12-19-2021), YDFL Commish (12-19-2021)
Old 12-19-2021, 02:25 PM

Thanked 1,900 Times in 927 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck4Reich View Post
Watching ESPN this morning they commented that Frank Reich said before the long TD run by Taylor he thought about passing the ball but went ahead and called run...Glad he went with Taylor. That could have been a pick 6 time if Wentz had thrown it the way he was playing.
It can’t be overstated how bad Wentz was yesterday. He was just brutal. Everything was wobbly and behind the receiver. He threw one pick and the Pats dropped at least 3 more.

If we see the Pats again, which is very possible, I don’t like our chances.

Wentz HAS to be better. Or at least, never THAT bad.
Old 12-19-2021, 02:27 PM

Thanked 1,900 Times in 927 Posts

Quote:
Watched what led up to the Pittman ejection several times and. We see pushes in games all the time... Dugger proceeds to forcefully ripping of Pittman's helmet and all you see Pittman do is try to protect himself. At no point did Pittman do anything to warrant getting thrown out of the game.
All this was is the Patriots getting a favor from the refs like they always do in about every damn game they play! A chance to take the Colts best receiver out? Refs---Let's do it! MFers!!
It was total bullshit that Pittman was tossed. That was bush league stuff from Dugger.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-19-2021)
Old 12-19-2021, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Hooker is playing very well for the Cowboys.
Hooker might be alright for spot duty but can't be relied on as a full time starter. Certainly wasn't worthy of being a fairly high first round pick.
Old 12-19-2021, 02:38 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
It can’t be overstated how bad Wentz was yesterday. He was just brutal. Everything was wobbly and behind the receiver. He threw one pick and the Pats dropped at least 3 more.

If we see the Pats again, which is very possible, I don’t like our chances.

Wentz HAS to be better. Or at least, never THAT bad.
Unless of course our run game continues to be THAT good. I still like our chances against the Pats. Wentz probably won't be as bad and nobody else played over their heads. Time to start believing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-19-2021), Spike (12-19-2021)
Old 12-19-2021, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Anyone who thought Paye was going to be a stud pass rusher this year was kidding themselves. Rushing the passer is the most difficult thing in the NFL. Almost nobody can dominate coming out of college. It takes a year or two. No dominant pass rusher will ever make it to free agency, it is imperative to develop your own. We need to develop one of these dudes-I am optimistic that we will.
There have been a few that come right out of college and are dominant pass rushers (Bosa brothers and Micah Parsons come to mind)

I think it depends on how polished they are and if they are already pass rushers or developmental prospects with the tools but not the production. A prime example was Bjoern Werner a bust from a few years back. A late bloomer or in the wrong scheme was Jerry Hughes.

Kwity Paye has the tools but didn't have the production in college so let's hope he develops quickly. He is already good against the run and has a high motor.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jasperhobbs For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (12-19-2021), Racehorse (12-19-2021), Spike (12-19-2021)
Old 12-19-2021, 04:11 PM

Wentz had a terrible game throwing the ball, BUT, he had a helluva game with his legs. 2 big scrambles for first downs and three huge sneaks for first downs. He did pretty dam good on a night when his arm was off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bigalbert For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (12-19-2021), Colts And Orioles (12-19-2021), Oldcolt (12-19-2021), Racehorse (12-19-2021), Spike (12-19-2021), TheMugwump (12-19-2021)
Old 12-19-2021, 04:31 PM

Thanked 1,995 Times in 1,137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Disagree about Campbell. He has speed and size. Nobody knows what his injury issues will be going forward. It isn't as if he were injured in college. It is a long shot but it is the only shot we have this year at improving our WR corps. I am hopeful he can provide some help.

Also think it is way to early to have a definite opinion on Wentz. Very little preseason, first year here, one wide receiver of note-I'd like to wait to see what he can do with a year in the system and some real NFL caliber WRs (assuming we get/develop one or two). So far he seems like a middling QB that is strong as a horse-may be a good fit for a run oriented team given time.

Anyone who thought Paye was going to be a stud pass rusher this year was kidding themselves. Rushing the passer is the most difficult thing in the NFL. Almost nobody can dominate coming out of college. It takes a year or two. No dominant pass rusher will ever make it to free agency, it is imperative to develop your own. We need to develop one of these dudes-I am optimistic that we will.

I was pissed at Frank for being slightly finesse the last few games. Apparently he was pissed at himself also because he went total smash mouth in this game. What is there to complain about CW? He did what we wanted, is not a stubborn self-absorbed man. You underestimate his ability to connect with players and get them not to just say screw the season, even when you are 1-5. That is special, keeping the locker room when you have shit the bed as many times as we did to start this year. He gets along wonderfully with Ballard and Wentz. I have no idea who would be a guaranteed improvement over him. We would be nuts to let him go.

I'm more excited about this team than I ever thought possible a few months ago. Things look good to me, on the correct path here.
Fair question and I feel like I have answered it.

1- The post Okereke INT and the 3 straight passes- one of which SHOULD have been picked. Look, the only thing working in this game was the running game. Just got a huge TO and a chance to quite literally put the nail on the coffin, have all the mo' in the world- time to get behind that line and maul them into submission right? Nope, gonna throw it 3 times. And if I recall the sequence correctly, I think all three of those plays were straight up throws, not even RPO action- and if so, barring a Wentz audible, those are the plays we called. We got a FG at least but we damn near gave the ball right back to them.

2- The terrible INT late by Wentz. Yep, terrible pass- that's on him. But again, it was an RPO and he chose to pass it- which seems to essentially be EVERY RPO that's what he is choosing to do, and on this one in particular JT has daylight galore if he hands it off instead. As the final 67 yard run to pay dirt demonstrated- you can stack the box all you want against JT, he is capable of killing you for doing it, in fact, the stacking of the box may be the ideal time to run with him because if he gets through the line- it's 6. So all the "well it was the right decision" window dressing from Frank to justify the throws, is just that, BS. At some point, ehhhhh, you're the HC, so you may be pissed and chastise him for it in personnel settings but not vocalize it in public. When it happens OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER, then you are part of that decision making process.

And I AM a Wentz supporter, I think he is a good QB, and a guy these guys really want to play for because of how tough he is; I support him as QB of the next 5-8 years. That said, with the current WR group AND the current RB / line, passing on every RPO, just not the best pathway to winning and it needs to be changed.
Old 12-19-2021, 05:04 PM

Thanked 1,995 Times in 1,137 Posts

I failed to call out the very late 4th down call to go for it vs punting it. I said it in the game thread- the absolute correct call there was to punt it. Yep, we got it, which we do quite a bit, but man, once again the guy just can't bring himself to make the more logical situational decisions.