ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-08-2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
I disagree

Get rid of Brady and you have a small let down. Belicheat is why they are successful
Totally agree. Two QBs that are on everyone's list as all time greats, (Brady and Montana) had brilliant coaches. Brady's a very good QB, but his best asset is learning and following everything BB conceives.

A few years back, the pats lost their opener to the Bills in devastating fashion. I don't think they're done yet, and I feel sorry for their next opponent.
The Following User Says Thank You to albany ed For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (09-08-2017)
Old 09-08-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
I disagree

Get rid of Brady and you have a small let down. Belicheat is why they are successful

Couldn't agree more. Bellicheat is the most significant asset on that team. I have no doubt he will right this ship and use it to his advantage to avoid the Super Bowl hangover that always happens. What I most enjoy about that beating (besides the utter humiliation of obnoxious chowda heads) is that we won't have to hear the talking heads go on about 16-0 and 19-0 all day every day. If that makes me a petty Colts fan girl, I can own it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
dwilli57 (09-09-2017), Racehorse (09-08-2017)
Old 09-08-2017, 01:24 PM

Thanked 1,206 Times in 531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcoltfan View Post
I've got to hand it to you Sherck, the glass is always half full. The Pats being taken to the woodshed for an ass whippin does nothing to help our pathetic team. At the end of the season, the Pats will still be light years ahead of our Colts, because they have a head coach and the Colts don't.
Agreed that the Cheats getting beat really has no impact on the Colts. They will win and lose as they will.

But, personally? I get almost as much pleasure out of seeing the Cheats lose as I do seeing the Colts win.

Walk Worthy,
The Following User Says Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (09-09-2017)
Old 09-08-2017, 01:26 PM

Thanked 1,206 Times in 531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
Totally agree. Two QBs that are on everyone's list as all time greats, (Brady and Montana) had brilliant coaches. Brady's a very good QB, but his best asset is learning and following everything BB conceives.

A few years back, the pats lost their opener to the Bills in devastating fashion. I don't think they're done yet, and I feel sorry for their next opponent.
I did not say that they were done.

I merely was pointing out that Tommy Cheater had a terrible game even when he was not being pressured when down and if that is a trend that continues, then the world outside of the Northeast will be rejoicing.

Walk Worthy,
The Following User Says Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
smitty46953 (09-08-2017)
Old 09-08-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
I did not say that they were done.

I merely was pointing out that Tommy Cheater had a terrible game even when he was not being pressured when down and if that is a trend that continues, then the world outside of the Northeast will be rejoicing.

Walk Worthy,

There are plenty of us in the northeast that rejoice when the chowda heads get beat.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
Coltsalr (09-10-2017)
Old 09-08-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
Agreed that the Cheats getting beat really has no impact on the Colts. They will win and lose as they will.

But, personally? I get almost as much pleasure out of seeing the Cheats lose as I do seeing the Colts win.

Walk Worthy,
Well, on that I totally agree with you on !!! I will never get tired of seeing those bastards getting their asses kicked !! Problem is, it just doesn't happen as much as we all want!!
Old 09-08-2017, 05:53 PM

Thanked 1,900 Times in 927 Posts

That was a shocking outcome, for sure. Brady just looked old as heck. He was sacked once when his center was shoved back into him and he just fell over. That doesn't happen to a 25 year old.

But good Lord, that defense was just PUTRID. At home, no less. That would be my biggest concern, if I were a cheats fan. KC did whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted to do it.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:28 PM

BB has much more to do with that teams success than Brady

I am not saying Brady is a system QB or an average QB or anything like that. No QB goes to 7 SBs with average talent.

Is Brady were to go down next week though, the Pats and BB would like still win this division and go deep in the playoffs.

Would still rather be cheering for the Colts to win than the Pats to lose, but the latter is always nice nonetheless.
Old 09-08-2017, 10:01 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,284 Times in 2,026 Posts

Quote:

I disagree.

Get rid of Brady, and you have a small letdown. Belicheat is why they are successful.

o

I largely agree with this, but in my rat's ass of an opinion, Brady is an excellent quarterback.

But the Patriots went 11-5 when Brady missed an entire season with an injury, and only missed the postseason because the AFC was stacked that season.

The Colts, on the other hand, started the 2011 season at 0-13 and finished it at 2-14 when Peyton Manning missed the entire season with an injury.

If Aaron Rodgers were the quarterback for the Patriots all of the years that Brady was, I believe that they would have had more than the 7 Super Bowl appearances and 5 Super Bowl wins that they currently have with Brady behind the center.

If you want to see just how valuable a player is to a team, take him off of said team, and see how they do without him. Peyton Manning carried several average Colts teams (and even 1 or 2 below-average Colts teams) to multiple playoff berths, berths that they would not have come close to sniffing without him. Brady never had such a challenge in his career with the Patriots, as he was always surrounded by great and/or very good teams.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (09-09-2017), rcubed (09-09-2017)
Old 09-09-2017, 11:03 AM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

fuck the patriots
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (09-09-2017), Coltsalr (09-10-2017), Racehorse (09-09-2017)