ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-22-2023, 11:13 PM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

Not that I am not happy with Steichen, but in hindsight, the Colts should have offered the head coaching job to Nick Sirianni instead of Frank....things might be very different now?
Old 10-22-2023, 11:34 PM

Thanked 2,684 Times in 1,189 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
Not that I am not happy with Steichen, but in hindsight, the Colts should have offered the head coaching job to Nick Sirianni instead of Frank....things might be very different now?

Sirianni was brought to the Colts by Reich to be his Offensive Coordinator.

Prior to that, Sirianni hadn't ever served as an OC - he had only served as a QB coach or as a WR coach or as an Offensive Quality Control Coach.

Sirianni wasn't being considered / interviewed for any head coaching position that off-season by any team, not just the Colts.

I guess a slightly different take to your question - was there any point when Reich should have been fired and Sirianni elevated to head coach in those years that they worked together?

Last edited by AlwaysSunnyinIndy; 10-22-2023 at 11:51 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (10-23-2023)
Old 10-23-2023, 07:56 AM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post
Sirianni was brought to the Colts by Reich to be his Offensive Coordinator.

Prior to that, Sirianni hadn't ever served as an OC - he had only served as a QB coach or as a WR coach or as an Offensive Quality Control Coach.

Sirianni wasn't being considered / interviewed for any head coaching position that off-season by any team, not just the Colts.

I guess a slightly different take to your question - was there any point when Reich should have been fired and Sirianni elevated to head coach in those years that they worked together?
Thanks for the info, maybe Sirianni is just benefitting from the extraordinary talent on the Eagles team, but he seems quite capable, hindsight is always 20/20 but we may have screweed up letting him get out of Indy!
Old 10-23-2023, 08:20 AM
Historian

Thanked 3,289 Times in 2,029 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcolt View Post

The penalties at the end of the game, the first one i was fine with, poor positioning by Baker ......

o

Poor positioning by Baker ??? You mean, in that he allowed the Browns' receiver to push him to the ground ???

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
bertjones (10-23-2023), Racehorse (10-23-2023), Spike (10-23-2023)
Old 10-23-2023, 08:21 AM
Historian

Thanked 3,289 Times in 2,029 Posts

o

This article if from Sports Illustrated ...... whom as far as I know, don't have a dog in the fight.

Officials Hose Colts vs. Browns: When Will NFL Enforce Accountability ???

(By Andrew Moore)

https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/news/co...accountability

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (10-23-2023), Racehorse (10-23-2023), Spike (10-23-2023)
Old 10-23-2023, 10:16 AM

Win or lose, I hate any game that ends with it feeling like the refs dictated the winner and loser.

Both the Defensive Holding call on 4th down to give them a new set of downs and the Defensive Pass Interference call to put the Browns 1st and goal from the one yard line were tickytack calls that could have been called on virtually every pass play in every game in the NFL this weekend.

The terrible icing on the cake was the uncatchability of the ball on the DPI call. Manute Bol dressed in basketball gear standing with no defender around him in the back of the endzone could not have high pointed that ball for a catch on the DPI call. It was uncatcable.

Refs decided who won and who lost that game. I really did not have a problem at all with the calls up until that point but on those two plays, the refs beat us. Not the Browns.

That said, we ended up with what I consider was the best outcome for the Colts. We played hard, were really close and still lost in the end.

I am not convinced that we are out of the Marvin Harrision Junior runnings!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ironshaft For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (10-23-2023), Oldcolt (10-23-2023), Racehorse (10-23-2023)
Old 10-23-2023, 10:38 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post
Win or lose, I hate any game that ends with it feeling like the refs dictated the winner and loser.

Both the Defensive Holding call on 4th down to give them a new set of downs and the Defensive Pass Interference call to put the Browns 1st and goal from the one yard line were tickytack calls that could have been called on virtually every pass play in every game in the NFL this weekend.

The terrible icing on the cake was the uncatchability of the ball on the DPI call. Manute Bol dressed in basketball gear standing with no defender around him in the back of the endzone could not have high pointed that ball for a catch on the DPI call. It was uncatcable.

Refs decided who won and who lost that game. I really did not have a problem at all with the calls up until that point but on those two plays, the refs beat us. Not the Browns.

That said, we ended up with what I consider was the best outcome for the Colts. We played hard, were really close and still lost in the end.

I am not convinced that we are out of the Marvin Harrision Junior runnings!
Been trying to put this into words and Ironshaft did it for me. Thanks. Losing gets us a better draft position but Steichen cannot lose the team. We need to go into next year running on all cylinders with AR, not with a defeatist attitude. So far so good. I do not think this is a lost year, AR and the Colts should feel great about how he played when he did actually play. Having a year to learn the offense can only help his development. . Love your optimism about Marvin Jr. Not sure if I agree but whomever we draft AR needs more weapons.
Old 10-23-2023, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Been trying to put this into words and Ironshaft did it for me. Thanks. Losing gets us a better draft position but Steichen cannot lose the team. We need to go into next year running on all cylinders with AR, not with a defeatist attitude. So far so good. I do not think this is a lost year, AR and the Colts should feel great about how he played when he did actually play. Having a year to learn the offense can only help his development. . Love your optimism about Marvin Jr. Not sure if I agree but whomever we draft AR needs more weapons.
This Colt team will win at least 5-7 more games, Marv Jr will not be a Colt unless CB trades up to get him.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to njcoltfan For This Useful Post:
apballin (10-26-2023), ChoppedWood (10-23-2023), Colts And Orioles (10-23-2023), Hoopsdoc (10-23-2023), Oldcolt (10-23-2023), Racehorse (10-23-2023)
Old 10-23-2023, 12:44 PM

Thanked 1,995 Times in 1,137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcoltfan View Post
This Colt team will win at least 5-7 more games, Marv Jr will not be a Colt unless CB trades up to get him.
Yeah Minshew is just good enough coupled with what is a pretty solid D to probably finish 7-9 or so. That's probably gonna put us in the 12-15 range. If possible, go get Keon Coleman from FSU- he is right there with Marv, huge, strong, and fast. No matter what we do with Pitt (I want them to keep him)- this next draft we MUST go get AR another weapon.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (10-23-2023)
Old 10-23-2023, 12:47 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Man the sports media is soooooooo afraid to say the refs blew a game. Mcafree is the only one who has been saying it and every time he mentions it today with a reporter opposite him the reporter is silent. Local media pointing everything out but the two end calls. NFL must have a long reach.

Thing was the Colts defense was holding. Browns were never going to make it to the endzone. Even when they hit the 1-yard line they only barely made it in on 4th down.

If the refs are going to do that, they need to do it all season and push MHJ into our lap.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (10-23-2023), Racehorse (10-23-2023)