ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-13-2022, 10:40 PM

Thanked 1,343 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Really, he's down Lewis and the Paye goes down, wtf do you expect? How about the play of Raimann?

I kinda think that he did his job.
Lewis had a whopping 1 sack in 7 games this year. Yeah, Paye's good, but with the draft capitol Ballard has spent on DE he should have more than 1 good player to show for it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
ColtBlue (11-14-2022), omahacolt (11-13-2022)
Old 11-13-2022, 10:54 PM

Thanked 4,300 Times in 1,759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Really, he's down Lewis and the Paye goes down, wtf do you expect? How about the play of Raimann?

I kinda think that he did his job.
ngakoue was a huge trade and dayo was a 2nd round pick. guys hurt don't help

he failed
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
ColtBlue (11-14-2022)
Old 11-13-2022, 11:07 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,665 Times in 964 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post

he failed
Because Rock Ya-Sin was such a difference maker? DE is clearly Ballard's weak position. He should address it in free agency because that's where he's done his best work at the position (Houston, Autry).
Old 11-13-2022, 11:15 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Easily the most satisfying win so far this season because of Mcdouche but I’d agree it’s way to early to get excited. For starters, the Raiders are one of the few teams actually more dysfunctional than we are.

Also, they had literally no idea what Frazier was gonna do as a play caller. That’s a huge advantage which will go away as we move forward and his tendencies show up.

The OLine was a pleasant surprise but the raiders are somehow atrocious at rushing the passer despite having Crosby and Jones so it’s hard to say if the line was better or the Raiders were just bad. We’ll find out in a hurry next week. I suspect it’s the latter.

I like Fries though. The dude plays with an attitude.

JT is clearly still not fully healthy. They almost caught him on the long td which was surprising to me. A healthy JT runs that in 5 yards ahead.

Franklin is really starting to grow on me. He’s got a lot of heart out there.

I thought Moore had a really up and down day.

Ryan was never the problem and shouldn’t have been benched.

It was not surprising to see that Ya Sin still sucks.

Very satisfied with the win.
Old 11-13-2022, 11:19 PM

Thanked 1,670 Times in 798 Posts

Ballard definitely missed enough on DE. Paye is a monster against the run and improved at pass-rush but still not great. Although it's only (an injury-hampered) year-2 and his potential was a big part of his draft position.

FA might be necessary for pass-rush due to the rarity. Like Buckner, dump the capitol for a known commodity. We rank low in sacks and more importantly turnovers/interceptions. We don't get home enough to produce strips and we don't even scare the QB enough to rush and make errant throws.
Old 11-13-2022, 11:21 PM

Thanked 1,670 Times in 798 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
I like Fries though. The dude plays with an attitude.
He was really pissing off #50 for the Raiders.
Old 11-13-2022, 11:31 PM

Thanked 1,343 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post

FA might be necessary for pass-rush due to the rarity. Like Buckner, dump the capitol for a known commodity. We rank low in sacks and more importantly turnovers/interceptions. We don't get home enough to produce strips and we don't even scare the QB enough to rush and make errant throws.
Take a big guess what Ballard won't do. If he's still here that is.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
ZionsvilleColtsFan (11-13-2022)
Old 11-13-2022, 11:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
Starters, don't get to worked up. It was the Raiders, who are just as dysfunctional as we are/were.

Saturday done a pretty good job, and the kid called a good game. Both of them are really the rallying point this team needed. Jeff didn't sale these players a bunch of BS, he was 100% straight with them as men. They responded for him

Offensive line was good today. Not great, but damn what a game after watching them matador their way through the season up to this point. Sustainable? Who knows but today was definitely a fresh of breath air.

Matt Ryan: Dude can still play when allowed the time to go through progressions. The sack that costed us field position was inexcusable for a veteran, but I imagine he was feeling a little frisky and trying extra hard. I still draft a QB if one falls to us, or we move up.

Still have to get our Tight ends involved. Completely ignoring them is not going to bold well moving forward. Get Pierce more involved. The kid can play.

Campbell is playing his way to another contract. He is getting better as the season goes on and I am questioning the pick less and less.

Moore flashed some old Moore today, but still would ditch him after the season. Would also still ditch Facyson sooner than later. He is just lost in coverage most plays.

Rogers is a football player. Get that man on the field more.

Pass rush is still mind boggling bad. Paye goes down and what little we had completely disappeared. We need more blitzes in certain situations.

Special teams were not very good today, but they are usually adequate. Hope this is not a trend.

Now onto the Eggles for a beatdown to bring us all back down to earth.

Another positive for me today was getting blocked by Mike Wells on Twitter. That dude is a fucking huge douche! Does not like being called out for bullshit speculation.
Did everyone miss me? Hope so lmao..

Just got home from my Fall vacation of Alaska, yeah my son drags me places nobody wants to go.. lol

My take is Offense looks different for sure. But you do realize we almost got beat by the Raiders. A win is nothing to brag about against a 2-6 team C'mon now worst defense in the league and they were missing their best players.

I'm 48 years old and could have done what JT did!! Okay, maybe not.. I couldn't but close damn it!! I knew JT was going to have a breakout against this D. Who didn't?? Trent Richardson could have had his hey day against this DL. They had one player Crosby... geeez

High hopes of course but I say IMO calm it down..
The Following User Says Thank You to ColtBlue For This Useful Post:
Coltsalr (11-14-2022)
Old 11-14-2022, 12:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
Starters, don't get to worked up. It was the Raiders, who are just as dysfunctional as we are/were.

Saturday done a pretty good job, and the kid called a good game. Both of them are really the rallying point this team needed. Jeff didn't sale these players a bunch of BS, he was 100% straight with them as men. They responded for him

Offensive line was good today. Not great, but damn what a game after watching them matador their way through the season up to this point. Sustainable? Who knows but today was definitely a fresh of breath air.

Matt Ryan: Dude can still play when allowed the time to go through progressions. The sack that costed us field position was inexcusable for a veteran, but I imagine he was feeling a little frisky and trying extra hard. I still draft a QB if one falls to us, or we move up.

Still have to get our Tight ends involved. Completely ignoring them is not going to bold well moving forward. Get Pierce more involved. The kid can play.

Campbell is playing his way to another contract. He is getting better as the season goes on and I am questioning the pick less and less.

Moore flashed some old Moore today, but still would ditch him after the season. Would also still ditch Facyson sooner than later. He is just lost in coverage most plays.

Rogers is a football player. Get that man on the field more.

Pass rush is still mind boggling bad. Paye goes down and what little we had completely disappeared. We need more blitzes in certain situations.

Special teams were not very good today, but they are usually adequate. Hope this is not a trend.

Now onto the Eggles for a beatdown to bring us all back down to earth.

Another positive for me today was getting blocked by Mike Wells on Twitter. That dude is a fucking huge douche! Does not like being called out for bullshit speculation.
Did everyone miss me? Hope so lmao..

Just got home from my Fall vacation of Alaska, yeah my son drags me places nobody wants to go.. lol

My take is Offense looks different for sure. But you do realize we almost got beat by the Raiders. A win is nothing to brag about against a 2-6 team C'mon now worst defense in the league and they were missing their best players.

I'm 48 years old and could have done what JT did!! Okay, maybe not.. I couldn't but close damn it!! I knew JT was going to have a breakout against this D. Who didn't?? Trent Richardson could have had his hey day against this DL. They had one player Crosby... geeez

High hopes of course but I say IMO calm it down..
Old 11-14-2022, 12:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post

he failed
This is something I want to post on. I see a lot of Colt fans saying OMG Colts OL looks so much better. Are you kidding me? Raiders D had one pass rusher Crosby. They had their LB's out if one got hurt in the game they would have had to play a OL guy on Defense. May have helped them actually.

Lets see what happens when Colts go against Eagles, yes same old junk OL and Matty Ice freezes like a deer in the headlights.. Watch and see.

This is all true cause where was Yannick Ngakoue and Paye or Dayo?? Colt players on rush? Maybe hurt, Okay understandable not where it is on the DEPTH chart Ballard???? Same is your OL??

Hell Raiders had one whole player worth a shit on defense named Crosby and he about beat this team all by himself. Only smart move was Colts put Gilmore on Adams at the end of game when he was burning Moore majority of the time.

JMO of what I seen...