ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-18-2023, 06:05 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCN#1 View Post
And the center of that "stupid" universe zeros in on JT and more so on the new turd agent who I think is a bit out of touch in general. Got lucky with Leonard´s contract but from there he acts like a clueless amatuer IMHO.
He mostly managed mma fighters. MMA fans said he is a pain in the ass and would drive Dana White nuts. He strikes me as a bit of an idiot and thug wannabe. How you go with this guy over Drew Rosenhaus is beyond me. I bet he told JT exactly what he wanted to hear and not what he needed to hear. Have to be careful in life with sycophants and yes men.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
BCN#1 (08-19-2023), Racehorse (08-18-2023), YDFL Commish (08-19-2023)
Old 08-19-2023, 06:37 AM

Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,226 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
He mostly managed mma fighters. MMA fans said he is a pain in the ass and would drive Dana White nuts. He strikes me as a bit of an idiot and thug wannabe. How you go with this guy over Drew Rosenhaus is beyond me. I bet he told JT exactly what he wanted to hear and not what he needed to hear. Have to be careful in life with sycophants and yes men.
So Taylor's agent is Don King and Taylor is soon to become Mike Tyson?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
ChaosTheory (08-19-2023), Chromeburn (08-19-2023)
Old 08-19-2023, 08:18 AM

Thanked 4,292 Times in 1,759 Posts

pretty remarkable how badly taylor is playing his hand here.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (08-19-2023), Oldcolt (08-19-2023), Racehorse (08-19-2023)
Old 08-19-2023, 08:57 AM

As above; for a rather smart man, he has clearly fallen from the top of the idiot tree and hit every branch going down before landing on his head.

Seems like he does not want to bend to reason so that silly bastard needs to now extract his head out of his clueless agent's ass soon and face reality before the damage is irrevesable.
Old 08-19-2023, 09:14 AM

Thanked 1,670 Times in 798 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
So Taylor's agent is Don King and Taylor is soon to become Mike Tyson?
Hell yes. Here's my post from 7/30... I had that same impression as you reading about this fucking guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Like others are saying, that's only going to hurt him if he wants another team to pay money + draft capital for him.

I keep hearing about the agent and it gives me Mike Tyson-Don King vibes as far as corrupting a star. Maybe that's not fair, I don't know.
Old 08-19-2023, 10:42 AM

I just get the vibe that the agent has created an opportunity to take advantage of a national perspective that is more sympathetic to Taylor than the local perspective would be. He has effectively created a lot of negative coverage of the organization and has essentially thrust our franchise to be the most discussed example of a market that has impacted other great players.

I wouldn't say he's played his hand bad (at least not completely), yet, because there is still opportunity for Taylor to show up week 1 and have an excellent season. I think he probably has screwed up his relationship with the fanbase, but people are fickle and we all have more important shit to worry about with our day to day lives; People will move on, forgive, & forget.

I don't personally believe he'd keep this shit going into the season because the last time someone played that game (Bell), it did not work out. I feel like this is more about pride at this point, and Taylor trying to set some kind of boundary.

I really don't care though. He can walk and our franchise has shown - over and over and over again, we can find a premier RB.
Old 08-19-2023, 10:53 AM

Thanked 1,900 Times in 927 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post
I just get the vibe that the agent has created an opportunity to take advantage of a national perspective that is more sympathetic to Taylor than the local perspective would be. He has effectively created a lot of negative coverage of the organization and has essentially thrust our franchise to be the most discussed example of a market that has impacted other great players.

I wouldn't say he's played his hand bad (at least not completely), yet, because there is still opportunity for Taylor to show up week 1 and have an excellent season. I think he probably has screwed up his relationship with the fanbase, but people are fickle and we all have more important shit to worry about with our day to day lives; People will move on, forgive, & forget.

I don't personally believe he'd keep this shit going into the season because the last time someone played that game (Bell), it did not work out. I feel like this is more about pride at this point, and Taylor trying to set some kind of boundary.

I really don't care though. He can walk and our franchise has shown - over and over and over again, we can find a premier RB.
At this point, I’ll be pissed if the organization caves, unless it’s a can’t refuse trade offer. Which isn’t happening.

Just keep moving forward. Fuck the national narrative.

JT can suit up and play for us this season or he can sit his ass on the sideline.

And if he does that, good luck getting that next contract.
Old 08-19-2023, 05:22 PM

Thanked 4,292 Times in 1,759 Posts

Quote:

he hasn't misplayed his hand?

1) he has no leverage. the market for rb's is very low. dalvin cook signed for like 8 mil and he is healthy and has a better track record than taylor.

2) he has no leverage. he is under contract. his only good option is to play.

3) he has no leverage. he may be injured. we aren't signing him injured. no reason to

4) he said 4 months ago he would play out his contract. he is going against his word. nobody is on his side. his agent gave him horrible advice. he looks like an asshole. he can't even win public opinion.

5) nobody is going to trade him and pay him the contract he wants. nobody. his only hope is the colts just say fuck this guy and send him away because he is a dick. but still, he won't get paid a lot of money. he created this problem. i think other gm's will see this
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (08-19-2023), IndyNorm (08-19-2023), Racehorse (08-19-2023)
Old 08-19-2023, 06:23 PM

I think we're talking about a kid at the end of the day. Kids make mistakes. I'm not going to levy a personal judgement within this context. I could never understand his perspective/life.

Misplaying his hand would be refusing to play. He's got time to produce, and he's made his needs clear. So when this comes up again next year, it will not be a surprise. It won't be stressful either, if he doesn't put up #'s.

I think a fail here would be digging a hole he can't get out of. I don't personally see that he's done that. Not yet at least.
Old 08-19-2023, 07:19 PM

Thanked 4,434 Times in 2,541 Posts

Quote:

He is at least smart enough to not be discussing it in the media, unlike Bell. The Colts are not talking much, either. It's just the media, at this point.