ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-24-2022, 06:21 PM

Thanked 1,474 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
The idea that a full off-season with Reich intrigues me personally.
eh. it shouldn't take a whole offseason to get your QB to hit a checkdown. if he isnt doing that with any consistency (when appropriate) then there are fundamental problems.

if it took me years for me to catch on to something I was consistently missing at work, I would not be employed......hence......
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
apballin (02-24-2022), IndyNorm (02-24-2022), Racehorse (02-24-2022)
Old 02-24-2022, 06:53 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,414 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
TY or Hines in the slot, and pray Campbell can stay healthy, or...Allen Robinson.
TY is done. Makes me sad, but he will struggle to make the team
Old 02-24-2022, 06:54 PM

Thanked 4,431 Times in 2,540 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
TY is done. Makes me sad, but he will struggle to make the team
He can still get open, but just doesn't have the burners. He would be good in the slot only.
Old 02-24-2022, 06:59 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
He can still get open, but just doesn't have the burners. He would be good in the slot only.
He has not been able to stay healthy. His legs are gone. I hate saying that, I love his game.
Old 02-24-2022, 07:43 PM

Thanked 1,346 Times in 759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSayDayo View Post
At this point, praying for Campbell to stay healthy has long passed as a viable option. I would let him play out training camp, and if he cant stay healthy for the whole preseason just curb his ass. I have never seen such an injury prone "but had no injury history in college" player. He hasn't even flashed enough for me to think he is worth scheming around, even when healthy.

Hines is not a receiver. He is too small. Wont win any jump balls, and if placed in a strictly receiver role, we would see his limitations there. He is a scat, 3rd down receiving back. Every team should have one, and he is a good one.

TY in the slot is interesting but only if we bring in a WR and TE to start. If not, I do not want TY featured at this point. Too injury prone, and really just too old. Just move on. He was a great Colt, but shouldn't still be a Colt going forward. We could have spent the money on TY in MUCH more impactful ways last year, IMO.

Allen Robinson though? That just might be the 1A to Pittmans 1B that we need. He is still a good age, he is still talented as hell, a veteran who can produce with garbage QB play, and he wont cost Godwin/Adams type money. If we can get him, I think he'd be a great fit. Arob and Pitt on the outside...and if we can get Jarvis Landry for cheap I am all for it. That is a solid starting three, but also aging.
Well said all around. Ballard needs to go into this offseason with the mindset that Campbell is gone and needs to be replaced. If he manages to stay healthy through camp and makes any contributions on the field then it'll be a pleasant surprise, but we sure shouldn't be counting on anything out of him.

We could have some plays designed to use Hines as a slot receiver, but for the most part let him do what he does best which is catch the ball out of the backfield. It's not his fault Wentz is too stupid to throw him the ball.

Maybe TY could be good in the slot, but he has lost a step(s) and gets hurt a lot anymore. Plus it sounded like he was seriously considering hanging it up at the end of the year.

Agree that both ARob and Landry would be good pickups. Landry's still under contract but would be a big cap savings for the Brownies if they cut him.
Old 02-24-2022, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
Even some of the comments that have been made publicly are counter productive, if you are planning to keep him and you hope to motivate him to work harder, or rework his contract, maybe you say those things, but if you are hoping to trade him, they don't help! Sorry, but in my opinion, the Colts have handled this badly, which is why I believe there is still a good chance Wentz is here next season.
I guess the only thing is that once Ballard started offering Wentz for trade that word would get around and what little trade value he had would drop anyway. But leaking that we're going to trade or release him doesn't help that's for sure.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (02-24-2022)
Old 02-24-2022, 08:09 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
I guess the only thing is that once Ballard started offering Wentz for trade that word would get around and what little trade value he had would drop anyway. But leaking that we're going to trade or release him doesn't help that's for sure.
If one GM takes to another about borrowing 2 gator aid jugs the whole league knows
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (02-24-2022)
Old 02-24-2022, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
Mitch Trubisky? I read something today about how Buffalo really likes him and thinks he should get another chance. Josh Allen said he'd tear it up if given a chance. I might be interested in that, but there will probably be a bidding war and the Colts don't have the capital. What a mess.
Not that there wouldn't be a potential bidding war, but Trubisky only made $2.5M last year with the Bills and is a FA. We're $35M under the cap and (if I'm understanding it correctly) would be $63M under the cap if we can trade Wentz. I would think we could bring in Trubisky.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Brylok (02-24-2022), CletusPyle (02-24-2022), Oldcolt (02-26-2022), Racehorse (02-25-2022)
Old 02-24-2022, 09:34 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,038 Times in 1,864 Posts

Quote:
Not that there wouldn't be a potential bidding war, but Trubisky only made $2.5M last year with the Bills and is a FA. We're $35M under the cap and (if I'm understanding it correctly) would be $63M under the cap if we can trade Wentz. I would think we could bring in Trubisky.
It's a huge gamble but, gun to my head, that's what I would do. He's been on a good team that thinks highly of him. Hopefully he's learned a lot from being in Buffalo. Frank is allegedly "the QB whisperer". Let's see it.
Rodgers isn't realistic and honestly we don't need any more headaches than we already have. Wilson isn't realistic and I seriously doubt Ciara wants to live in Indy.
Out of who's available, I don't see much upside. Garoppolo actually might happen, but he is what he is and has no future development left. He's still better than Wentz. So, yeah, I'd look at Trubisky. And while they're at it, let him compete and actually try to earn a captaincy. Don't just gift it to him like Wentz.
IndyNorm (02-24-2022), Racehorse (02-25-2022)
Old 02-25-2022, 02:50 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
I would be ok with Trubisky or Winston. Both gambles but with analytics trending in the right direction. Not any more a gamble than Wentz for another year. And if it doesn’t work, hopefully have a high draft pick in a QB draft next year.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-25-2022)