ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-23-2022, 08:49 PM

Thanked 1,346 Times in 759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
I was only addressing the pass catchers as a group.
Gotcha. Yeah, they would definitely be better if we had a decent QB, but we really need a legitimate deep threat at WR2 and a good slot receiver.
Old 02-23-2022, 08:58 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,038 Times in 1,864 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Means Tampa is gonna hope for a QB next years draft.
Well, the scummy Glazers are their owners. It wouldn't surprise me if they intentionally tanked.
Old 02-24-2022, 07:41 AM

Thanked 4,431 Times in 2,540 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Gotcha. Yeah, they would definitely be better if we had a decent QB, but we really need a legitimate deep threat at WR2 and a good slot receiver.
TY or Hines in the slot, and pray Campbell can stay healthy, or...Allen Robinson.
Old 02-24-2022, 08:27 AM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Not sure what goes into QBR, but I wouldn't trust a system that rates Wentz as having a better year than Joe Burrow. Not even close as to who had the better year, and it definitely wasn't Wentz. Admittingly Wentz had a decent first half of the year, but really regressed and had a really bad 2nd half as I chronicled here:

http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/show...117823&page=13

I do agree with you on that the leak sucks b/c it certainly does hurt what little trade value Wentz had.
Even some of the comments that have been made publicly are counter productive, if you are planning to keep him and you hope to motivate him to work harder, or rework his contract, maybe you say those things, but if you are hoping to trade him, they don't help! Sorry, but in my opinion, the Colts have handled this badly, which is why I believe there is still a good chance Wentz is here next season.

Last edited by CletusPyle; 02-24-2022 at 08:45 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CletusPyle For This Useful Post:
Discflinger (02-24-2022), njcoltfan (02-26-2022), Oldcolt (02-24-2022)
Old 02-24-2022, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
TY or Hines in the slot, and pray Campbell can stay healthy, or...Allen Robinson.
At this point, praying for Campbell to stay healthy has long passed as a viable option. I would let him play out training camp, and if he cant stay healthy for the whole preseason just curb his ass. I have never seen such an injury prone "but had no injury history in college" player. He hasn't even flashed enough for me to think he is worth scheming around, even when healthy.

Hines is not a receiver. He is too small. Wont win any jump balls, and if placed in a strictly receiver role, we would see his limitations there. He is a scat, 3rd down receiving back. Every team should have one, and he is a good one.

TY in the slot is interesting but only if we bring in a WR and TE to start. If not, I do not want TY featured at this point. Too injury prone, and really just too old. Just move on. He was a great Colt, but shouldn't still be a Colt going forward. We could have spent the money on TY in MUCH more impactful ways last year, IMO.

Allen Robinson though? That just might be the 1A to Pittmans 1B that we need. He is still a good age, he is still talented as hell, a veteran who can produce with garbage QB play, and he wont cost Godwin/Adams type money. If we can get him, I think he'd be a great fit. Arob and Pitt on the outside...and if we can get Jarvis Landry for cheap I am all for it. That is a solid starting three, but also aging.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MeSayDayo For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (02-24-2022), JAFF (02-24-2022)
Old 02-24-2022, 10:58 AM

Thanked 2,684 Times in 1,189 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
Blaine Gabbert is going to replace Brady in Tampa Bay. Hopefully the Colts are above that level of a choice. Yikes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Means Tampa is gonna hope for a QB next years draft.

Tampa has another internal candidate for QB - the Bucs spent a 2nd round pick on a QB in last year's draft - Kyle Trask.

Not surprised that Trask wasn't immediately named as starter - Tommy Cheater and Gabbert probably received the majority of the reps in practice this past season and the rookie was relegated to individual workouts with the QB's coach Clyde Christensen.
Old 02-24-2022, 10:59 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Cletus. I couldn’t agree with you more that the Colts have shit the bed by the way they have handled this. Not a good look or sign for the future. I’m fearing mediocrity for a long time
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (02-24-2022), Discflinger (02-24-2022), njcoltfan (02-26-2022)
Old 02-24-2022, 03:29 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,289 Times in 2,029 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post

Cletus. I couldn’t agree with you more that the Colts have shit the bed by the way they have handled this. Not a good look or sign for the future. I’m fearing mediocrity for a long time.

o

I wouldn't necessarily be so presumptuous about that. Remember that when Andrew Luck first retired and the Colts had to roll with Jacoby Brissett, the Colts were designated to mediocrity for a grand total of one year ...... they went 7-9 for that one season in 2019, and then after signing a past-his-prime, immobile Philip Rivers at quarterback they went 11-6 the very next season and took the Bills right down to the wire in the playoffs on their home field.

Also, remember how unpredictable the entire 2021 season was for a whole bunch of teams, including the Colts ??? When the 49ers got dominated by the Colts and fell to a record of 2-4 overall, who would have guessed that Jimmy Garoppolo and company wound wind up going to the NFC Championship game and taking the eventual world-champion Rams right down to the wire ??? And after the Colts started the season at 0-3, I'll bet that the vast majority of Colts fans would have been surprised if somebody had told them that they would go 9-3 over their next 12 games and would be be sitting pretty in terms of a playoff berth prior to the final 2 games of the season. Plus, there were tons of individual-game examples, especially in the AFC. When Derrick Henry went down with an injury in the middle of the season, the Titans had the eventual world-champion Rams in their very next game. The Rams had just acquired Von Miller in a trade, and their overall record at that time was 7-1. It was supposed to be a blowout in favor of the Rams. It was indeed a blowout, but it went the other way. The Derrick Henry-less Titans stomped on the Rams that night. The score of the game was 28-10 late in the 4th quarter before the Rams added a cosmetic touchdown with only 24 seconds left to play in the game.

I'm not saying that your fear of the Colts falling into a state of mediocrity for a long period of time won't come to fruition, because it might ....... I'm only saying that I have seen far too much unexpected shit go down over the last few years to presume anything for almost any team, including the Colts.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-24-2022)
Old 02-24-2022, 04:24 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

I love your confidence, and it may very well be correct. I won’t be sharing it if it turns out that this was Irsay’s decision. I agree Wentz was crappy this year but have seen way to many professional athletes turn it around. I agree it is a long shot but it is a shot. The idea that a full off-season with Reich intrigues me personally. The dude has the physical characteristics you want, the way Reich loves to go for it on fourth down makes his size a plus. I’m not saying I like this idea, I just like it better than rolling with any of the alternatives
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (02-24-2022)
Old 02-24-2022, 04:55 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,289 Times in 2,029 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post

I love your confidence, and it may very well be correct. I won’t be sharing it if it turns out that this was Irsay’s decision. I agree Wentz was crappy this year but have seen way to many professional athletes turn it around. I agree it is a long shot but it is a shot. The idea that a full off-season with Reich intrigues me personally. The dude has the physical characteristics you want, the way Reich loves to go for it on fourth down makes his size a plus. I’m not saying I like this idea, I just like it better than rolling with any of the alternatives.

o

I'm not necessarily confident that the Colts will rebound, like they did with Philip Rivers in 2020 ...... I'm just not at the other extreme either, and necessarily presuming that mediocrity is what the Colts are destined for for years to come.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck