ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-23-2019, 01:10 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
This actually worries me. Gary has great traits, but I'm concerned about players with traits who don't have production.
Gary is just a terrible prospect. With so much athleticism, he didn't play well in college. Players with great athletic traits should dominate lesser competition in spite of bad technique, poor football knowledge, whatever it is they're lacking. Gary didn't do that. Add this ongoing shoulder injury and I wouldn't draft him until the 3rd at the earliest, with the idea that his rookie year is basically a redshirt year while he gets healthy and works on being better at football.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FatDT For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (04-23-2019), smitty46953 (04-23-2019), TheMugwump (04-23-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 01:41 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I have no problem going offensive line early, even the first round. This teams identity is being built around a dominant offensive line. These five guys will not play every game. Start to make that dominance injury proof.

I believe running back is devalued because coaching are still figuring out how to get the most out of them with the emphasis so much on passing. If you see them in sort of the same light as the NBA is seeing players, position-less it can help. If the guy has the ability to line up outside and be a receiving threat, can block and run well I still think there is a place for a running back in the first round. I'm not sold on Jacobs because he lacks break away speed. That said, Polian said you need playmakers and he appears to be one.

My perfect draft would be heavy on defense (esp line) with at least one offensive lineman in the first two days.
I would prefer they go BPA. I assume that will be defense since it is a good defensive draft. But if they go oline I won’t be too upset. I was actually looking at Garret Bradbury and wondering what he would look like with this line. That guy has a high ceiling and can really move for a big man.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (04-23-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 01:50 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

We've mentioned him briefly, but I could see some scenarios where Chris Lindstrom is an early 2nd round pick for the Colts. He could have enough versatility to line up anywhere from C/RG/RT, which would offer a lot of valuable depth for the Colts.
Old 04-23-2019, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,037 Posts

Quote:
This actually worries me. Gary has great traits, but I'm concerned about players with traits who don't have production.
Yes, I have just been hoping someone else before us picks him. If he falls out of first round our chances of getting Wilkins decreases.
Old 04-23-2019, 02:44 PM

Quote:
We've mentioned him briefly, but I could see some scenarios where Chris Lindstrom is an early 2nd round pick for the Colts. He could have enough versatility to line up anywhere from C/RG/RT, which would offer a lot of valuable depth for the Colts.
Too much of a luxury for my tastes.

God, I can't believe I now consider the OL to be a luxury.
The Following User Says Thank You to Coltsalr For This Useful Post:
Discflinger (04-23-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Too much of a luxury for my tastes.

God, I can't believe I now consider the OL to be a luxury.
Welcome to Ballardville.
The Following User Says Thank You to Discflinger For This Useful Post:
JAFF (04-23-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 04:15 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

I know some of you are against the idea of Dexter Lawrence for the Colts. I get it. But I've been researching all the Clemson DL prospects. Vevejones I am not doing this to mess with you.

This kid had 7 sacks his freshman year. After that season, with Wilkins next to him, he was asked to play nose and was taken out on pass rush downs in favor of their "racecar" package.

He ran a 5.0 40 at 342 lbs. The guy could lose 15 lbs and still be the biggest man on the field most of the time.

Is he really just a 0/1 tech? Or is that the role he was asked to play on one of the most stacked college DLs of all-time? If he was a 3 tech for Auburn, with the same stats this year as his freshman year, would we be talking about top 10 pick Dexter Lawrence, with no chance we could possibly draft him?

I think that possibility is why people are talking about Lawrence to the Colts at 26 or 34.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FatDT For This Useful Post:
apballin (04-23-2019), Chromeburn (04-23-2019), Dewey 5 (04-23-2019), VeveJones007 (04-23-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 04:43 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,414 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I would prefer they go BPA. I assume that will be defense since it is a good defensive draft. But if they go oline I won’t be too upset. I was actually looking at Garret Bradbury and wondering what he would look like with this line. That guy has a high ceiling and can really move for a big man.
This is a very low quality draft for O linemen. Throwing first round money at a 3rd round talent doesn't make sense. I wouldn't be shocked if the Colts traded out of the first round to get more picks
Old 04-23-2019, 04:52 PM

I don't know anything about what TEs are out there, but with what Frank likes to do with the offense, I really wouldn't be surprised to see one in the third or shortly thereafter.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:27 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
I know some of you are against the idea of Dexter Lawrence for the Colts. I get it. But I've been researching all the Clemson DL prospects. Vevejones I am not doing this to mess with you.

This kid had 7 sacks his freshman year. After that season, with Wilkins next to him, he was asked to play nose and was taken out on pass rush downs in favor of their "racecar" package.

He ran a 5.0 40 at 342 lbs. The guy could lose 15 lbs and still be the biggest man on the field most of the time.

Is he really just a 0/1 tech? Or is that the role he was asked to play on one of the most stacked college DLs of all-time? If he was a 3 tech for Auburn, with the same stats this year as his freshman year, would we be talking about top 10 pick Dexter Lawrence, with no chance we could possibly draft him?

I think that possibility is why people are talking about Lawrence to the Colts at 26 or 34.
I’ve harped enough on the scheme fit side of Lawrence, but how about the PED bust? Do we really think Ballard is going to spend such a high pick on someone who got busted for PEDs?