ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-03-2019, 12:05 PM

Thanked 1,474 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I'm not so sure that Bell is a prima dona. He wants to work on a contract that is just not year to year. So would you if your job could be done, along with your ability to make money for you and your family's future, with one move at work. Can you show me one example of Bell not being accountable. He held out. BFD. That is the only thing a professional athlete can do to get paid. The Steelers were looking out for the Steelers financially and are home drinking eggnog today. If they paid Bell what he is worth, I'm betting they'd be playing this weekend. The guy is a stud on the field. The best runner, blocker and pass receiver in free agency this year. He would be huge in this offense. Kick those tires Ballard
and its not even a hold out. a hold out is not showing up to honor your contract. he made a decision not to sign the franchise tag, so technically he doesnt have a contract.
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (01-03-2019)
Old 01-03-2019, 03:03 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

It's akin to signing a non-compete agreement where, if you leave your current position, you can't sign with a competitor for a certain length of time. I don't see Bell's refusal to sign the tag as a problem.

I see his prior suspensions and his desired contract as the problem.

AB on the other hand clearly is not a good fit for this locker room. Even if he was provoked by Tomlin, or Roethlisberger, his response is his choice.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FatDT For This Useful Post:
Chaka (01-03-2019), Chromeburn (01-04-2019), Oldcolt (01-03-2019), Racehorse (01-03-2019)
Old 01-03-2019, 07:55 PM

Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I'm not so sure that Bell is a prima dona. He wants to work on a contract that is just not year to year. So would you if your job could be done, along with your ability to make money for you and your family's future, with one move at work. Can you show me one example of Bell not being accountable. He held out. BFD. That is the only thing a professional athlete can do to get paid. The Steelers were looking out for the Steelers financially and are home drinking eggnog today. If they paid Bell what he is worth, I'm betting they'd be playing this weekend. The guy is a stud on the field. The best runner, blocker and pass receiver in free agency this year. He would be huge in this offense. Kick those tires Ballard
He will never recover the 14 to 15 million that he would have been paid this year. He's a dumbass to think otherwise.
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-03-2019)
Old 01-03-2019, 08:44 PM

Thanked 2,251 Times in 1,174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Brown is 30 years old and scheduled to make roughly $20M per year for the next three years. So there's that.
That is no accurate, that is the steelers cap hit, his salary what a team trading for him would pay is about 12 mill a year, very cheap for a top WR.

Quote:

Also, to me, given his recent history with the Steelers, he's more of a potential disruptive influence on team culture - though admittedly none of us know the full story on that stuff at the moment (this morning I read that his outbursts may have been triggered by JuJu Smith-Schuster getting voted team MVP - if so, wow, no thanks).

Lastly, while the dream pairings like you mention (Hilton, Brown, Ebron) always sound great in theory, they ever seem to work out like that in the real world for some reason.
That is the kicker and why I don't want him at any price, certainly not at the cost of some decent draft picks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Butter For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-04-2019)
Old 01-03-2019, 09:06 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

As far as Bell vs Brown that is easy. We have enough money that if we make a mistake we can recover. We don't have enough draft resources to recover if we make a mistake (at least not as easily). Bell costs only money. Brown would cost draft resources. No to Brown. Maybe to Bell.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
That is no accurate, that is the steelers cap hit, his salary what a team trading for him would pay is about 12 mill a year, very cheap for a top WR.
You're correct - thanks for the clarification Butter
Old 01-04-2019, 11:19 AM

I would not be upset or say it is wrong to sign Bell. He would certainly be an upgrade for the RB position.

I just think their are bigger needs on the team

And I would not give him much guaranteed money beyond two years. RBs fall off quickly in this league
Old 01-04-2019, 11:28 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
I would not be upset or say it is wrong to sign Bell. He would certainly be an upgrade for the RB position.

And I would not give him much guaranteed money beyond two years. RBs fall off quickly in this league
I agree totally with one caveat. I think he is the biggest addition you could make, right now, thru free agency. Bigger needs? Hell yes. If a rush lineman becomes available, throw the money there. But if not, that money sitting in Irsay's vault won't sack one qb or catch one td. Spend it.
Old 01-04-2019, 03:15 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post

A year off can do a lot for an NFL player. Especially a running back.

As for Brown, he would likely cost a 1st round pick. That seems to be the price this year. So no to that. Also lots of negative comments and articles about his behavior and attitude. He called Ryan Clark a racial name apparently after his comments as a reporter on ESPN. I would not want him in my locker room. Great on the field, every where else sounds like a headache.

I doubt he would want to come here though. He would be second to TY. Sounds like he needs to be the man.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 01-04-2019 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 03:30 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,665 Times in 964 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
A year off can do a lot for an NFL player. Especially a running back.

As for Brown, he would likely cost a 1st round pick. That seems to be the price this year. So no to that. Also lots of negative comments and articles about his behavior and attitude. He called Ryan Clark a racial name apparently after his comments as a reporter on ESPN. I would not want him in my locker room. Great on the field, every where else sounds like a headache.

I doubt he would want to come here though. He would be second to TY. Sounds like he needs to be the man.
Brown sounds like a perfect fit for Dallas or Cincinnati.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (01-04-2019)