ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-09-2023, 04:35 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,039 Times in 1,866 Posts

Don't pay Pittman big money either.
Old 10-09-2023, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
These guys sacrifice their present and future health to entertain us and excite us. It’s not personal, its business. Its not your money he’s getting, Its Irsays. I did everything I could to maximize my benefits and final salary so I could retire with a larger Soc. Security and state retirement $$ and nobody complained. (I suspect there were some who would have held the exit door for me.) If you make it into the NFL and dont max your pay while getting the shit beat out of you, you are stupid.
So you are saying that the fans' view should not be considered, even though they are the ones ultimately paying for these giant salaries? Didn't many Colts fans invest their time and money based in part upon the expectation that Taylor would be playing this season? But, no, they should embrace Taylor when he threatens to hold out and deprive the fans of what they paid for, because its "just business" and he should be applauded for screwing over the fans in order to further amplify his personal wealth, right?
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaka For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (10-09-2023)
Old 10-10-2023, 04:13 PM

Thanked 2,253 Times in 1,175 Posts

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianap...-taylor-47636/
I do not really like it if he is not back to all pro form.
Next year cap ht of 10 is ok, but the next 2 are 15.5, can cut him in 26 for only 2.5.
Old 10-10-2023, 05:55 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
So you are saying that the fans' view should not be considered, even though they are the ones ultimately paying for these giant salaries? Didn't many Colts fans invest their time and money based in part upon the expectation that Taylor would be playing this season? But, no, they should embrace Taylor when he threatens to hold out and deprive the fans of what they paid for, because its "just business" and he should be applauded for screwing over the fans in order to further amplify his personal wealth, right?
If owners listened to fans on day to day functions they would lose badly and often.

Dont buy team unis and hats. Stop buying tickets. Money talks.

If you think a team is listening to fans on the draft, you are going to be disappointed.
Old 10-10-2023, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Fans can decide on an individual basis. If you wanna bitch and moan about Taylor, by all means do so. As a fan you have that right. Not all fans feel the way you do. I for one don't. I've enjoyed watching Taylor, there were games where he was the only bright spot. If he can continue to perform like that, I for one will be entertained. If you're not or you're more concerned with the salary cap and how it's spent, by all means, bitch on. Just don't lump all fans into that opinion.
JAFF (10-10-2023), nate505 (10-11-2023), TheMugwump (10-10-2023)
Old 10-10-2023, 09:57 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
Don't pay Pittman big money either.
So let him go then? Move Pierce to the X role? Draft another receiver? Gotta replace the production we let out the door.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-10-2023)
Old 10-11-2023, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
If owners listened to fans on day to day functions they would lose badly and often.

Dont buy team unis and hats. Stop buying tickets. Money talks.

If you think a team is listening to fans on the draft, you are going to be disappointed.
What are you talking about? I merely took issue with your sentiment that fans should not be offended by Taylor's demands, and that we should all have no concern because its "just business" and not our money. My point is that the fans are entitled to be concerned, to be offended, and to have an opinion. And it is our money.

The fans are the reason Irsay has his wealth, and the players are able to support themselves playing a game. To suggest that the fans have no cause to offended when a player threatens to hold out, breach his contracts or demands a trade is absurd.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaka For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (10-11-2023)
Old 10-11-2023, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
Fans can decide on an individual basis. If you wanna bitch and moan about Taylor, by all means do so. As a fan you have that right. Not all fans feel the way you do. I for one don't. I've enjoyed watching Taylor, there were games where he was the only bright spot. If he can continue to perform like that, I for one will be entertained. If you're not or you're more concerned with the salary cap and how it's spent, by all means, bitch on. Just don't lump all fans into that opinion.
Haha, whatever. I merely took issue with the concept that it is somehow wrong for fans to get worked up when a player holds out, seeks at trade, etc. You are certainly welcome to feel however you want to.
Old 10-11-2023, 06:14 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote:
What are you talking about? I merely took issue with your sentiment that fans should not be offended by Taylor's demands, and that we should all have no concern because its "just business" and not our money. My point is that the fans are entitled to be concerned, to be offended, and to have an opinion. And it is our money.

The fans are the reason Irsay has his wealth, and the players are able to support themselves playing a game. To suggest that the fans have no cause to offended when a player threatens to hold out, breach his contracts or demands a trade is absurd.
Never said that. As to his wealth, that comes from all NFL fans, the TV revenue.

I dont get offended when players hold out, its there only recourse. They get the shit knocked out themselves and suffer painful injuries as a norm and the average career in the NFL is 3.3 years.

From the Wash. Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/fe...etime-of-hurt/

I’m on the players side to get what they can while they can. I believe Jim Irsay is too, to the extent he can under a contract. I dont agree with Taylor tactics this year. Irsay isnt an idiot, he wasnt giving an extension until he passed the physical.

No one is twisting your arm to watch the Colts. If you dont like what you see vote with your feet.
Old 10-11-2023, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Haha, whatever. I merely took issue with the concept that it is somehow wrong for fans to get worked up when a player holds out, seeks at trade, etc. You are certainly welcome to feel however you want to.
Thanks, I'll do just that, and you can do the same.