ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-08-2023, 10:30 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Maybe they wanted to be sure this was a promising year for AR before pulling the trigger. We have been snakebit at QB for some time.
So Ballard is thinking if AR has a slow start we don't need the only playmaker that we would then have on offense? It happened for the reason it always happens. Employee wants a raise (in this case a long term contract). He/she asks for it. Employer says no. As a doc I say fuck you and just go get a new job. Did it multiple times before I said fuck it and worked for the best boss I ever had, myself. NFL players don't have that ability most of the time, especially if they are really good at what they do, so he has the choice of saying ok and taking the chance he gets hurt (I think having his first real injury made the proposition of getting hurt bad and never getting a big payday real to the man) or being what fans would consider an ass in some way. He did it for his future and his family, something everyone here who isn't a psychopath should understand. It was his only play (yes it could have been done in a way that ruffled less feathers but like JT gives a shit-it worked so good for him). It is capitalism working like it should. I'm not giving Ballard that much praise for doing what a 'normal' GM should do and not acting like a total asshole.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (10-08-2023)
Old 10-08-2023, 01:13 PM

Thanked 4,423 Times in 2,536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
So Ballard is thinking if AR has a slow start we don't need the only playmaker that we would then have on offense? It happened for the reason it always happens. Employee wants a raise (in this case a long term contract). He/she asks for it. Employer says no. As a doc I say fuck you and just go get a new job. Did it multiple times before I said fuck it and worked for the best boss I ever had, myself. NFL players don't have that ability most of the time, especially if they are really good at what they do, so he has the choice of saying ok and taking the chance he gets hurt (I think having his first real injury made the proposition of getting hurt bad and never getting a big payday real to the man) or being what fans would consider an ass in some way. He did it for his future and his family, something everyone here who isn't a psychopath should understand. It was his only play (yes it could have been done in a way that ruffled less feathers but like JT gives a shit-it worked so good for him). It is capitalism working like it should. I'm not giving Ballard that much praise for doing what a 'normal' GM should do and not acting like a total asshole.
My point was probably not clear. We won four games last year, and have no faith that a rookie coach and a rookie QB will be the right picks. We also have no idea if the OLine will return to form, or if the defense will be as good. When we got those answers, it made more sense to get Taylor signed to an extension.
Old 10-08-2023, 01:34 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
My point was probably not clear. We won four games last year, and have no faith that a rookie coach and a rookie QB will be the right picks. We also have no idea if the OLine will return to form, or if the defense will be as good. When we got those answers, it made more sense to get Taylor signed to an extension.
That was the position of the Colts and from their perspective it made total sense. I guess the problem was there was more than one perspective.