ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-15-2023, 10:26 AM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
You're wrong. Levis has major mechanical flaws that need to be fixed that the Colts have a history of failing to fix (Carson Wentz). It would be extra stupid to draft the problems you traded away an offseason ago.
So you want to give up our 4th and 36th and next years 1st to get Young who is likely Kyler Murray II. No thanks, that would be really stupid!
Oldcolt (02-15-2023), rcubed (02-15-2023), YDFL Commish (02-15-2023)
Old 02-15-2023, 11:35 AM

Thanked 1,670 Times in 798 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
So you want to give up our 4th and 36th and next years 1st to get Young who is likely Kyler Murray II. No thanks, that would be really stupid!
Dam has been adamantly pushing for Stroud since day 1.
Old 02-15-2023, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Dam has been adamantly pushing for Stroud since day 1.
I think Houston will choose Young, so Stroud may be there at 4 unless someone else trades up. I have seen some mock drafts that have Levis going #1 but I have my doubts on that.
Old 02-15-2023, 12:21 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Why not? Plenty of time for pessimism once we see how shitty he is.
You laugh, but I've gotten enough of that for a lifetime the last couple of seasons. Fanbase needs a dose of optimism. Way too much doom and gloom especially considering they've mostly been middle of the pack, not horrible.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (02-15-2023)
Old 02-15-2023, 12:23 PM

Thanked 1,670 Times in 798 Posts

Quote:
I think Houston will choose Young, so Stroud may be there at 4 unless someone else trades up. I have seen some mock drafts that have Levis going #1 but I have my doubts on that.
Interesting. I think the only mock draft I've seen that goes against the grain is Mel Kiper's. He has Stroud going as QB1, Young as QB2, and Levis as QB3 but I heard him say he thinks Levis will be the best pro. But that's the only one I've seen like that.
Old 02-15-2023, 12:25 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discflinger View Post
The Chicago media dribble about the Colts selling the farm is hysterical. I don’t think any of these QBs warrant a shift with our current position. I also think Irsay was trying to hide who they truly covet with his comment about an Alabama quarterback.
I don't think they even know yet.

Still have the combine and interviews. If they spend that much time and effort interviewing coaches then they will definitely put a lot of emphasis on interviewing the QBs. Have to get the coach up to speed and then his input. I think Irsay was just messing with all the prognosticators. They don't even know if they want to trade up and the Bears fans are smacking their lips with anticipation of a big payday.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (02-15-2023), Oldcolt (02-15-2023), Racehorse (02-15-2023)
Old 02-15-2023, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Interesting. I think the only mock draft I've seen that goes against the grain is Mel Kiper's. He has Stroud going as QB1, Young as QB2, and Levis as QB3 but I heard him say he thinks Levis will be the best pro. But that's the only one I've seen like that.
https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2023/2/...ter-super-bowl

I saw this one, and the comments express the same doubts I have. I also saw one early on that had Houston taking Levis with their #2. At this point nobody knows, it’s all speculation. But none of these guys are such a sure thing that any team should trade up and give away a bunch of valuable picks for them!
Oldcolt (02-15-2023)
Old 02-15-2023, 03:17 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,665 Times in 964 Posts

Quote:
Love your posts but sometimes you are so full of shit it isn't even funny. Mechanically there may be some issues that coincide with Wentz but the question that needs to be answered is above the shoulders. That is where Wentz was screwed. Unless you happen to know the young man you are pulling it out of your ass to say 'you're wrong' and it would be 'stupid' to essentially disagree your the assessment of a guy who you have never spoken one word to. Stoud may turn out to be the man but I believe you hire someone like Streichan because you believe in his ability to develop raw talent. If the Colts draft Levis (or even, gasp, Richardson) it is because they believe in Steichan's ability to develop talent. They better be right.
His feet are not above his shoulders. Watch this analysis of Carson Wentz, especially when he talks about "pigeon-toeing" around the 7:00 mark. That's the biggest mechanical flaw that Will Levis has, and the Colts did not fix that with Wentz.
Old 02-15-2023, 03:33 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,665 Times in 964 Posts

Quote:
No, I don't want Young, I want Stroud, but that price is too steep. Also, I'd comp Young to Russell Wilson, not Kyler Murray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I don't think they even know yet.

Still have the combine and interviews. If they spend that much time and effort interviewing coaches then they will definitely put a lot of emphasis on interviewing the QBs. Have to get the coach up to speed and then his input. I think Irsay was just messing with all the prognosticators. They don't even know if they want to trade up and the Bears fans are smacking their lips with anticipation of a big payday.
At the end of the day, there's a whole process that we don't get access to that the decision makers will use to make their decisions. All any of us can do is look at the tape, look at the measureables, and look at any info that is made public. The most important piece of that information is the tape, and the tape, to me at least, screams CJ Stroud is the guy, and if you can't get Stroud, get Young and hope his height isn't an issue.
Old 02-15-2023, 04:07 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote:
If true it looks like Jimmy got involved only when he felt the wheels were falling off. Then back to letting the professionals run the place. So much for all the hissy fits being thrown about us being a clown show. Fuck everyone for thinking the can get in our crazy owners head
But, wouldnt you want to peak inside and see what goes on in their?
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (02-15-2023)