ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-08-2022, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Nobody said draft a WR? Are you high? Everybody wanted us to draft a WR, draft another WR, and sign Robinson and Beckham... even Cole fucking Beasley. Remember that? When the Tampa Bay Buccaneers had real leadership because they needed a WR and went and got Cole fucking Beasley and that was another indictment of Ballard?
Everyone wanted us to FIX wr, I don’t remember anyone saying that had to be in the draft. I specifically remember many suggesting they fix it through FA since they had other needs in the draft. That’s my point. Ballard intends to fix every issue through the draft. We’ve been saying for years you can’t draft for every hole. Ballard still doesn’t understand that, so you get Matt Pryor as your starting LT with a 37 yr old immobile QB.
The Following User Says Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (11-08-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
also, is it just me or was that press conference just embarrassing?
The whole situation is embarrassing - not just the press conference. Everyone here defending it would be laughing their asses off if this was the Titans or Jags. The team is an absolute shit show right now.

Last edited by rm1369; 11-08-2022 at 03:59 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
Brylok (11-08-2022), CletusPyle (11-08-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 04:51 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,039 Times in 1,866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
The whole situation is embarrassing - not just the press conference. Everyone here defending it would be laughing their asses off if this was the Titans or Jags. The team is an absolute shit show right now.
I'm still at a loss for words. Irsay looked deranged. Ballard looked angry and fed up. Saturday looked okay. Like he just hit on a scratch off ticket. I don't expect to win another game this year. Clown show. Whatever
Old 11-08-2022, 06:36 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
I'm still at a loss for words. Irsay looked deranged. Ballard looked angry and fed up. Saturday looked okay. Like he just hit on a scratch off ticket. I don't expect to win another game this year. Clown show. Whatever
I will wait until the end of the 4th quarter of this weeks game.
Old 11-08-2022, 07:09 PM

Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,489 Posts

Quote:
Sure, but I'd also be laughing my ass off if the Jags and the Titans had a Frank Reich as their head coach. So nothing would have really changed.
Old 11-08-2022, 07:30 PM

Thanked 2,679 Times in 1,188 Posts

Quote:
The whole situation is embarrassing - not just the press conference.

Few random thoughts:

1) NFL Films and HBO must be kicking themselves for producing Hard Knocks with the Colts last year instead of this year. One can only imagine what is going on behind closed doors at the facility right now.

2) If this week's changes were made one week earlier and before the trade deadline - wonder how many more players would have requested to be traded.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (11-08-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 08:15 PM

Thanked 1,343 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Yeah and when he did that, we really needed an upgrade at DE. Obviously they had a higher grade for Paye than Darrisaw. And Paye is becoming a really good player for us. He doesn't have flashy sack numbers yet, but he's 4 sacks in 6 games this season. He's only 21 games in and getting better.

He's a real monster against the run. Excluding the DEN game we've given up 86yd/gm rushing with Paye and 159yd/gm without him. I separate the DEN game because Pay got hurt at the beginning of the 4th qtr. Up until the injury, DEN rushed for 58yds, 3.4ypc. After Paye got hurt, DEN had 8 rushes for 63yds, 7.9ypc and finished with 125yds.

Ballard still fucked up with Pryor for sure. And Darrisaw looks like a good player. But Paye was a good pick.
In a vacuum Paye was a good pick, but as very much evident from the current situation having a good LT is much more critical to success in the NFL than a good edge setting complimentary DE. If Ballard had adequately addressed the need at LT most of us would be perfectly happy w/ the Paye pick. But Ballard not only didn't adequately address LT, he made it an epic fucking disaster.
Old 11-08-2022, 08:23 PM

Thanked 1,343 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
In general, I like ballard and am good with him staying on. and the way irsay was talking, i dont think ballard will be fired anytime soon. Ballard was clearly agitated/upset/mad at that press conference, which is understandable and I am glad he isnt complacent with how things have transpired the last couple years.

However, he threw one quip out there that irritated me. He said "everyone was clamoring for me to get a WR and then I look up and the line is crap..." or something like that. Fuck off with that bullshit. First, a good GM shouldnt listen to the writers or general public. Second, a good GM shouldnt be petty like that. Third, he royally fucked up the LT, and never properly planned for the future. Ballard had every indication that castanzo was done/almost done, he even talked castanzo into another year. He could have gotten Leno from what I had read at the time. He could have drafted a LT when the draft was stacked at OL, Darrisaw was there and he took Paye instead. He then ended up starting the worst fucking LT in history in pryor. Dont say something shitty like the OL fell apart because you were trying to find us wideouts. Fuck off with that shit.

Now, go work on a plan to fix this shit so we can get back to enjoying watching colts football.

Rant end.
Did he really say that? What a fucking dumb fuck. He's used 3 out of 7 2nd round draft picks in the past 4 drafts to address WR. That's it. He knows damn well that his complete shit decision making is the main cause that the OL sucks, or at least he should.
Old 11-08-2022, 08:42 PM

Thanked 4,423 Times in 2,536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Did he really say that? What a fucking dumb fuck. He's used 3 out of 7 2nd round draft picks in the past 4 drafts to address WR. That's it. He knows damn well that his complete shit decision making is the main cause that the OL sucks, or at least he should.
I took that as him saying that the line was good, so he went for WR, and then the line went bad very quickly. Kind of like when you buy a house and fix the leaking chimney, only to have the foundation slip due to a sinkhole or something else unexpected. I mean, we had a top 5 line not that long ago after the guy inherited Satele and McGlynn as the current turnstyles of that day. He fixed the line, and it should have been solid. Nobody expected Smith, Nelson and Kelly to suddenly struggle. I still think a lot of the issue is the poor QB play of Wentz and of Ryan, but it could also be something else that may correct itself in a short time.
Old 11-08-2022, 08:43 PM

Thanked 4,423 Times in 2,536 Posts

Maybe a better analogy is when you start to get ahead financially, and then an appliance or auto breaks down without warning. We all know how that feels.