ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-26-2019, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
Luck the thief...
In hindsight I wish we had kept Peyton Manning. I'm teetering on the edge of being done with the Colts and NFL in general.
Your honesty and decisiveness is honorable. Fuck the system! The NFL IS everything wrong with corporate America.

Last edited by Discflinger; 08-26-2019 at 05:24 AM.
Old 08-26-2019, 05:32 AM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
I see this as Jimmy's apology for getting the guy killed, not as Luck being a thief.
I see it as a combination of Jim’s generosity and keeping the door open for a possible return.
Old 08-26-2019, 06:26 AM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
I see it as a combination of Jim’s generosity and keeping the door open for a possible return.
from a yahoo article:

Quote:
“How do you know – say a year from now, when the ankle’s finally healed – you won’t want to come back?” a reporter asked.

“I can’t see the future,” Luck responded. “But I very clearly in my mind see that I won’t.”
I'm sure Irsay would like to leave that option open, but it doesn't sound like Luck is.
The Following User Says Thank You to Maniac For This Useful Post:
Luck4Reich (08-26-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 06:57 AM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
from a yahoo article:

I'm sure Irsay would like to leave that option open, but it doesn't sound like Luck is.

Maybe his wife told him, either you leave the game or I’m leaving you?

While that first comes off as selfish, it isn’t if she was tired of seeing him in pain. Idk... I got nothing
The Following User Says Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
Coltsfever (08-29-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck4Reich View Post
Maybe his wife told him, either you leave the game or I’m leaving you?

While that first comes off as selfish, it isn’t if she was tired of seeing him in pain. Idk... I got nothing
The Colts have been Yoko'ed by Luck's new wife!!

No idea if that is true, but the thought did cross my mind
Old 08-26-2019, 08:00 AM

Thanked 1,674 Times in 801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
The Colts have been Yoko'ed by Luck's new wife!!

No idea if that is true, but the thought did cross my mind
except they've been together since he was at Stanford. It's not like she's a recent interloper.
But you gotta think for sure that his claim from a year ago that he was a "miserable SOB" during the missed season was both an understatement, and something that took a serious toll on his marriage.
Old 08-26-2019, 10:26 AM

Default $25M parting gift

That $24.8M could have gone a long way in retaining and signing good players. It's quite a "parting gift" for a 29 year old
Old 08-26-2019, 10:56 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZionsvilleColtsFan View Post
That $24.8M could have gone a long way in retaining and signing good players. It's quite a "parting gift" for a 29 year old
Nope. Half of that money was already given to Luck in 2016 (other half earlier in 2019) and the Colts have AMPLE cap space to do whatever they want.

This is just money out of Irsay's pocket which will have zero impact on anything, other than a token of goodwill to Andrew Luck. Not only is it the right thing to do, it won't dent Irsay's revenue and it won't prohibit the Colts from doing anything with other players.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
ZionsvilleColtsFan (08-26-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 12:07 PM

Thanked 1,995 Times in 1,137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Nope. Half of that money was already given to Luck in 2016 (other half earlier in 2019) and the Colts have AMPLE cap space to do whatever they want.

This is just money out of Irsay's pocket which will have zero impact on anything, other than a token of goodwill to Andrew Luck. Not only is it the right thing to do, it won't dent Irsay's revenue and it won't prohibit the Colts from doing anything with other players.
At work we had this big project coming up. We had forecast a few quick million coming in the door by February. We still had some significant work to do to get it across the finish line, I was the Project Manager for it, had a bunch of developers and consultants doing some stuff.

This morning I went in and talked to the boss, told him I wasn't getting enough sleep, just didn't feel like I could keep doing it at the level he needed. I asked him if I could still get the $50K bonus that was supposed to make it to me at the end of the project. He said "F OFF", I have a bunch of other folks that are out there busting their asses trying to get this done, I will take that money and give more to them because now they will have to work harder. Get the F out of my office and don't let the door hit your ass."

That's fucking reality man. 12 quit on his team and for some reason people are all like, hey, he thought about doing the job, but he just felt like he couldn't, it's all cool to give him a dumptruck of cash.

I just don't understand this soft ass mentality at all. HE QUIT ON ALL OF US!
Old 08-26-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post

Thank you for the clarification as I didn't realize the $24.8M had no effect on salary cap.

With that said I don't believe the Luck family needed that $25M and would rather have seen it go to Gleaners or perhaps for a couple of Jimmy Page guitars...
The Following User Says Thank You to ZionsvilleColtsFan For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (08-26-2019)