ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2023, 10:40 PM

Thanked 1,343 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Yeah so many of them are going back on the "pay a RB notion". All last year they were complaining about the contracts to non-premium positions and they would say "Well you know who is next? Jonathon Taylor, they are going to pay him and you shouldn't do it."

Now they aren't paying him and everyone is making a stink about that. Not to mention the fact he is STILL injured. Who would sign a RB with a mysterious lingering injury like that?

As for the oline thing, I'm ok with it because the line was getting better at the end of the year with Raimann improving and Pryor out of the lineup. Q was really hurt, with him healthy it should be better and with Raimann making a second-year jump. Kelly is still a risk to me, but that seems more mental which he has talked about. I think they are betting on the players returning to form. But we will see, he's made mistakes before.

To me CB is the group that is gonna have a rough season. Too much youth. They are going to get beat a lot. But they should come out better for it. Lots of youth but lots of talent too.

To be somewhat fair to JT we have given out a shitload of money to non-premium position players who aren't as good as him. But yeah if he's actually hurt then he can't actually think we'd sign him before proving he's over his injury.

Regarding the OL at the very least we should be concerned with the depth there. If Pinter is back to OC full time then we're probably ok there, but other than that all we really have is a 4th round rookie for OT and a UDFA rookie at OG.

Agree that the CBs are going to struggle. I can see us spending another higher round draft pick on CB in '24.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (08-11-2023)