ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2022, 04:41 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,665 Times in 964 Posts

To me, Rodgers is the only option that will not see Wentz starting for the Colts in 2022, and that's only if his age is a large factor in the negotiation (meaning the price is low). Watson will cost your franchise for the next 3-5 years (especially for the Colts) and he might be suspended for an extended period. Wilson will also cost your franchise for the next 3-5 years and is coming off a very uncharacteristic season at age 32, making him very high risk. That leaves free agents, and while I'd be willing to give Winston a chance, the Colts had that option and opted instead for 39 year old arm falling off Philip Rivers, which says to me that they didn't see him as a starter at that time. The question is given his body of work since, has that opinion changed, and is he enough of an improvement over Wentz to yet again invest over $50 million of the cap into the QB position to hopefully find a somewhat long term solution at the position?