ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-08-2023, 05:27 PM

Default So....thoughts of trading up for the #1 pick?

Chicago has their "franchise" QB in Justin Fields. 2 more years on the rookie contract plus the possibility of the 5th year option as a former 1st round pick.

Colts will have anywhere from the 3rd (if both DEN and ARI lose) to the 5th pick of the 2023 NFL draft.

How much would it take to trade up to #1 overall in order to take the QB of their choice?

Or, really, what would you be willing to trade for the chance to pick #1 overall?
Old 01-08-2023, 05:37 PM

Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,489 Posts

Is there much of a difference between the top 3 to trade up for, or if you're the Colts do you just pick the best remaining out of Young/Stroud/Levis.
Old 01-08-2023, 06:29 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,665 Times in 964 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate505 View Post
Is there much of a difference between the top 3 to trade up for, or if you're the Colts do you just pick the best remaining out of Young/Stroud/Levis.
Huge difference. Stroud has all the tools of a franchise QB with the size to make it work in the NFL. Young has all the tools of a franchise QB but may be too short. Levis has huge bust potential with limited upside.

Stroud>Young>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lev is
Old 01-08-2023, 06:41 PM

I would not add any additional picks to move up in this draft for any of the 3 potential top QB's. They all have a higher risk of bust than franchise QB. Trading future stock is stupid for any of those three.
CletusPyle (01-08-2023), Puck (01-08-2023), TheMugwump (01-08-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 05:18 PM

I don’t love Bryce Young but I like him significantly more than Stroud/Levis. I’d trade what it takes to get #1 overall and bring in Harbaugh and hope for the best.
Old 01-10-2023, 12:14 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
I don’t love Bryce Young but I like him significantly more than Stroud/Levis. I’d trade what it takes to get #1 overall and bring in Harbaugh and hope for the best.
I like Bryce Young, but if he's 6'0" then Andrew Luck was 7'0". I watched Young's bowl game, saw him next to a WR who was listed on Alabama's athletics website as 6'0", and Young was noticeably shorter. If he measures well at the combine, I'd have him basically even with Stroud, but I need to see that he's not 5'7" 180 first.
Old 01-08-2023, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Huge difference. Stroud has all the tools of a franchise QB with the size to make it work in the NFL. Young has all the tools of a franchise QB but may be too short. Levis has huge bust potential with limited upside.

Stroud>Young>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lev is
This. While I'm not fully sold on either of Stroud or Young as being franchise-changing QBs, they're definitely a tier/notch above Levis in this year's class.

We know the Bears and Cardinals won't draft a QB. The wildcard is the Seahawks...are they ok with Geno Smith as their QB going forward?

Keeping a very close eye on this Broncos/Chargers game. Really need the Broncos to win. That slots us in at #4 and should guarantee us one of Stroud or Young. A quick, cursory Google searching of mocks seem to have Young as the first QB off the board right now and the majority of the ones I viewed had the Seahawks taking a defensive player, not a QB.
Old 01-08-2023, 08:00 PM

Thanked 1,670 Times in 798 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaynesWorld87 View Post
This. While I'm not fully sold on either of Stroud or Young as being franchise-changing QBs, they're definitely a tier/notch above Levis in this year's class.

We know the Bears and Cardinals won't draft a QB. The wildcard is the Seahawks...are they ok with Geno Smith as their QB going forward?

Keeping a very close eye on this Broncos/Chargers game. Really need the Broncos to win. That slots us in at #4 and should guarantee us one of Stroud or Young. A quick, cursory Google searching of mocks seem to have Young as the first QB off the board right now and the majority of the ones I viewed had the Seahawks taking a defensive player, not a QB.
Geno had a good year but he's 32 and tons of missed games.

It's looking like the Broncos are going to help us out. LAC pulling starters, too. We should have the #4 overall with CHI and ARZ not needing a QB.

Almost everyone has Young #1, Stroud #2.
Old 01-08-2023, 08:09 PM

Thanked 1,670 Times in 798 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post

It's looking like the Broncos are going to help us out. LAC pulling starters, too. We should have the #4 overall with CHI and ARZ not needing a QB.

Or I spoke too soon and the Broncos are going to blow it. 3 point lead now.
Old 01-08-2023, 08:38 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post

I'd comp Young to Russell Wilson and Stroud to Aaron Rodgers. Between that and the height is why I want Stroud.