View Single Post
Old 06-20-2022, 08:43 AM

Thanked 4,413 Times in 2,533 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
This isnt a problem caused by liberals. List of crazy shit that got this country the way it is.

1 pandemic: it has reeked havoc on every part of our nation. Threw a wrench into every part of our society

A. A bunch of people like me left the work force, due to retirement, and other reasons. Now there is a shortage of trained workers.
B. Shortages of everything, still disrupting economy. Anything that needs a computer chip, one specific part that needs to be imported. Baby formula and tampons, someone saw that one coming?
C. Oil prices? Yeah. People were driving less so less oil needed refined, and a third of the refineries where shut down. Less gas refined, price goes up. And the oil companies arent in a hurry to get them online. They love high oil prices. Oh, and they laid off or their employees or they left left to other opportunities, so its not easy to just fire up a refineries.
D. Cost of homes. I have no idea why its gone crazy. Im just glad Im close to paying off my home. If you have a mortgage with an adjustable rate, look out.

E. War in Ukraine. Food, natural gas, OIL. Thats on Russia and Europe. The only group profiting from this, US farmers. IF the weather cooperates.

There is enough blame to go around for both administrations. Both have been too slow when problems have cropped up. Both have not been able to put the PEOPLE needs ahead of their own. Both parties are broken. We are all Americans, E pluribus unum. As long as we follow dividers and ignore uniters , we will be in trouble
I saw a post similar to this on a different site I frequent. Some is horse shit, but some is real. COVID really put the skids on the world economy. Workers just left and didn't return. Add in the lack of immigrants to perform some jobs, and the worker shortage is critical. Funny thing is, there are fewer workers, which means less money, and we still have high inflation. You would think demand would drop.

As to the housing markets, I heard an economist state that when COVID hit, it accelerated the shift towards tele-working. This has led to people being able to flee the cities for the suburbs and avoid any real commute. The high prices are in the suburbs, and not in the cities.