View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
goes against everything he has preached thus far. establish a culture, build core through draft, dont over spend on FAs, etc.

grigsons teams had early success and grigs went for a bunch of FAs and failed miserably. I dont see ballard doing that, but what the hell do I know...
Grigson primarily failed in the draft, along with being an overall douche. He didn’t have big hits in free agency, but he maintained flexibility and added some useable short term pieces. Good enough to get to an AFCCG. The issue was that there were never any youngsters contributing or taking the older free agents place. I don’t care what you add in free agency or how you build your team, when you have a three year run of: Werner, Trent Richardson, Dorsette from your first round picks the team is going to feel it. Free agency was not the reason Grigsons teams failed and Ballard certainly shouldn’t ignore it.

As far as Brown is concerned, I’d prefer him over Bell out of the two Steelers guys mainly because I see a massive hole at WR that I don’t see at RB. I wouldn’t be upset at giving a 2nd for him, but I also wouldn’t be jumping up and down at the chance to either.