View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 09:34 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post
Holy Crud, there are about 10 guys that I want to pick still left on the board! I wish we could trade down and get five picks in the top half of the 2nd round; not possible but there are a ton of good guys there.

Some of the defensive backs fell that many thought were low 1st round / fringe 1st round talent. My guess is that one of our early 2nd picks will be defensive back because that appears to be where some of the value is.

Yetur Gross-Matos is hard to overlook as a potential long term starter at left DE taking over for Jabaal Sheard. While not the most athletic, he wins through power, position, hand fighting and a non-stop motor.

CB Trevon Diggs, CB Jaylon Johnson, and S Xavier Mckinney all look to be good value as guys who appear to fit our defense pretty well and could easily be rated by the Colts as 1st round guys.

The choices at WR are insane with Mims, Pittman and Higgins all still on the board and Claypool just a bit later down the list.

Ezra Cleeland, Josh Jones and Robert Hunt are all offensive tackles still on the board that I think have left OT starter potential.

The choices are incredible; I could see a trade back from #34 if it is not too far back to pick up an additional 3rd round pick.

Thoughts?
Gross Matos and Epenesa are over valued by the draft analyst crowd. Supposedly NFL teams are not as high on them. Matos has a bunch of good plays and if you only look at those he looks fantastic. Problem is he has even more bad plays and looks awful in them.