View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 09:49 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
I wonder how they view the edge class. Some analysts see a big drop after the first few guys who should be long gone by 26, but there are some interesting names with 2nd/3rd round grades. I definitely think SS is in play at 26 or 34 if that’s how Ballard and Co see it.
I don’t know. Ballard likes A+ athletes and doesn’t put a high premium on technique and run defense. He figures that is the coaches job to teach those things. I think he does look at effort and pressure rate. Turay fits that, but Lewis is versatile and can move all over the line. Edge rusher is always a mine field, so hard to project and find one. It is not surprising he is using FA to supplement the position.

Jaylon Ferguson might fit that but need to see his pro day results since he was not allowed at the combine. Omenihu keeps popping up because he has prototypical size and good production. The other guys just won’t be there like Sweat and Allen. Don’t think Burns will be there either. That’s why I think it might be DT, grabbing Tillery or Jones. Possibly even Simmons and then a DE next.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 03-23-2019 at 11:26 AM.