View Single Post
Old 03-30-2022, 01:59 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I am going to call bullshit on Ballard being lucky. If many people here had had their way we would have signed someone immediately and not be there when Ryan came available. He signed Ryan and was able to do it because he continues to have a philosophy and doesn't move away from it even when things look hopeless. It isn't being a genius, but it is knowing who you are and what you believe in. Nobody is on any hot seat on this team, nor should they be. The team is headed in the right direction and will be a beast next year. Not because we will score a million points but because this will be a TEAM. Great on defense, good on offense and special teams. And it wont be a matter of luck that we are. It will be the organizational belief in a philosophy.
I mostly agree. Ballard has his philosophy/process and sticks to it. But as in a lot of things in life, luck plays into it. If ATL doesnt inquire about watson, maybe ryan doesnt come available and we end up with jimmy g's bum shoulder, or baker, or who knows. Ryan fell into ballard's lap but as you said, his lap was open because he waited, bit of both I would say.