View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 10:25 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,608 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
I don't think I'm that pessimistic. It's 7 of 16 games with an opponent that made the playoffs.

Tennessee 2x
Houston 2x
Ravens
Packers
Vikings

I think it's optimistic to think that anyone other than Jacoby Brissett will be under center week 1. I appreciated Ballard's comment in this regard, but it didn't actually seem like he was declaring anything.

Someone else mentioned it, I really like the Bridgewater idea, The saints paid him 7.2 million last year to back up Brees. Thats about half what we will be paying Brissett next year.
I mentioned Bridgewater, and he looked like he was on his way to becoming a franchise QB before he mangled his knee. With Bridgewater, it's a different story, but the league figured Briskett out after 7 games. With Briskett, nothing is a sure win, I see Cincinnati and Detroit as better than a coin flip chance at a win, and the following games as 1 in 4 or less: @ TEN, @ HOU, vs BAL, vs GB, vs MIN, @ CHI, @ PIT. That's nearly half the season. If you're penciling in 7 losses, you're probably looking at a 5-11 team at best.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
Pez (01-03-2020)