View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 08:24 PM

Colts Twitter thinks he is the 2nd coming of Patrick Mahomes. Not many of us myself included are experts when watching tape but in my amateur opinion the tape of Chad Kelly against SEC opponents particularly Alabama/Georgia is as impressive if not more than watching Jordan Love against Mountain West competition. NFL arm talent as well as the ability to extend plays...with much more athleticism than Brissett. If Ballard were to want to move on from Brissett there is no reason he should not contemplate at least including Chad Kelly in the competition. Particularly with how cheap his contract would be compared to a fairly high draft choice. Colts Twitter seems to think a gunslinger mentality willing to take chances and accept mistakes will be made is what Colts need rather than the conservative nature of Brissett as well as the conservative play calling Brissett seems to force Reich into. Want a gunslinger...ya already got him. I don't see Ballard putting up draft capital to actually move up in the draft, If he really likes someone and thinks they will fall to Colts he may take that gamble.

One other thing to consider about Jordan Love...Colts Twitter likes to excuse his performance this year to missing pieces from last year...coaching and weapons. Apparently then he is as good at making second tier players better as Brissett is.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indycolts2 For This Useful Post:
Pez (12-12-2019), smitty46953 (12-11-2019)