View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 11:53 AM

We need to bring in at least 3 guys with proven starting experience to the defensive side of the ball, preferably 4 or 5. This would then improve the depth of the roster considerably.

We could do with a truly dominant defensive lineman, and then at least 2 linebackers, although i suspect we will try to draft a couple of guys to fill this position of need, and then either or possibly both a CB and a S.

If we could have a defensive line rotation of Anderson, Langford, McGill, Ridgeway, Parry, Kerr plus the stud addition of someone like Donatario Poe, then we would be set at this position.

Linebackers, the cupboard is pretty much bare, we need to cut D'Qwell Jackson, and Walden, going forward i don't see them contributing to the values of the contracts they will command and neither have exactly set the world alight with their play of late. Walden isn't a guy who you think is ever likely to reproduce another 10 sack year, i don't feel like he produced anything like that calibre of play this year anyway. We need to sign 2 mid level free agents and draft 2 guys within the first 3 rounds.

The defensive back situation is possibly slightly less of a major concern, but could very easily be upgraded....Vontae Davis is still a No. 1 corner, but Robinson is a nickle back and not really a 2nd corner. But he would be an excellent third guy. The safety position is ok with Geathers, assuming he is healthy, and then T.J. Green might become a decent backup or even reduced to a 4th safety if Butler moves there on a permanent basis. Adams is probably done and to bring in someone like Eric Berry would be an enormous upgrade. A DB group of Davis, Claibourne, Robinson, Butler, Melvin, a mid round draft pick, Berry, Geathers and Green would give us as good a group as i could realistically hope to see the Colts put out on the field.