View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
I agree that a great qb will have us in a position to win. I just don't think we will without spending too much. Burrow and tuna are likely off the table for us. Let's keep building the teams pass protection and pass rush, then see who we can get in the late second or early third.
Then we follow Ballard's philosophy and let that qb compete with hoyer and brissett for the job.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
To me there is almost no price too high for a great QB. The issue is of course the risk in moving up and being wrong, but a really good team will likely be wasted without having a QB so to me standing pat carries substantial risk as well. I do agree that they need to look at shoring up OT. If they don’t move up for a QB this year (or take one at 13) solidifying the line is probably the next best thing they can do for the QB position long term.

As far as letting guys compete, QB is the one position I’m not a fan of having a competition for. If you have 3 guys battling for the starting QB job, you simply don’t have a starting quality QB.