View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 12:52 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,272 Times in 2,019 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post

We can beat anybody if we play through 4 quarters if the offensive line plays up to its potential (as does our defense) for a full game. We really haven't done that this year yet, so I am not confident. On the other hand, this is the first time in a long time that I have felt that the Colts could win without playing over their head. If they just do what they are capable of, we could take this. For years, I have wanted a team that could run the football and stop the run. Now that the Colts can do that, I think that they can make a deep run.

o

I agree with this, completely. Even in their 2 best games of the season (against the Packers and against the Titans), the Colts did not play well through-and-through for the entire game.

The good news is that in spite of this glaring flaw, the Colts still found a way to win 11 out of 16 games ...... so the talent/potential is obviously there. They are not over-matched, like the Titans are. They just need to find a way to play well for at least 75-80% of the game, and not just 50-60% of it.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck