Thread: wentz
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2022, 06:42 PM

Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Unfortunately the Colts best chance at improvement is likely going to be Reich working with Wentz and trying to minimize the bad Wentz as much as possible. Let’s face it - Colts fans have been spoiled by Manning and Luck. This is what most franchises deal with season to season. The Colts can win SBs with Wentz, but it certainly won’t be because of him.

Minimize his mistakes and build a D that can get turnovers, but doesn’t require them to be effective. Add more help at WR and cut down the worst of Wentz. You can win that way. And at this point it is much more likely than finding a franchise QB.
Yeah, as much as I detest him right now, the Colts will roll with him at least one more year. So the best hope is that Reich can correct some of the bad out of him.

That said, I'm not sure what Reich can do about the decision making. The most brain dead play I saw today was Wentz, who admittedly did a spectacular job of escaping out of a sure sack, had a huge lane to run and gain yards. Instead, for some stupid inconceivable reason he decides to pass the ball to a guy who was covered. At the best if that pass is made he's getting tackled for a 10 yard gain. Unless there was a different angle, he could have ran for 10 yards in his sleep at worst, and may have got 20-30 or so.
apballin (01-02-2022), Chromeburn (01-02-2022), Racehorse (01-02-2022)