View Single Post
Old 02-20-2022, 03:35 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,272 Times in 2,019 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post

Really ??? Because of Leonard they lost ??? It was a team effort across the board.

o

I will go to my grave believing that Dan Marino was a better quarterback than Terry Bradshaw, and Peyton Manning was a better quarterback than Tom Brady.

Bradshaw won 4 Super Bowls, was the MVP in 2 of those 4 Super Bowl wins, while Dan Marino's team got blown out by a score of 38-16 in the only Super Bowl that he ever reached in his historic career ...... but there is no doubt in my mind that Marino was the better quarterback than Bradshaw.

Also, while Brady's teams went 7-3 in Super Bowls in his career (compared to Manning's teams going 2-2 in Super Bowls in his career), Manning's teams actually beat Brady's teams 3 times out of 4 in AFC Championship games ...... Brady's Patriots beat Manning's Colts in the 2003 AFC Championship game, while Manning's' Colts and Manning's Broncos beat Brady's Patriots in the 2006, 2013, and 2015 AFC Championship games.

Finally, out of the 10 Super Bowls in which his team played in, I believe that Brady played his best Super Bowl in a game in which his team lost ...... and that is a compliment to Brady. I think that you could make an argument that Brady should have been only the second player ever to be named MVP of a Super Bowl while playing for the losing team (Chuck Howley of the Cowboys was named MVP of Super Bowl V when his Cowboys lost to the Baltimore Colts.) Perhaps Brady and Nick Foles should have been named CO-MVP's of that particular Super Bowl.

Thanks for bearing with me in my long, windbag post.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 02-20-2022 at 03:43 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-20-2022)