View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 02:35 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Yeah it’s easier to make a decision when 1) you have time, and 2) you have open options. I guess I agree that it’s not necessarily him being more “decisive” as if he was the primary issue. He played mostly as the scheme led him to play.

However I do think he is playing like a better QB even when you account for the scheme and or time difference. No matter the reason he had developed some Farve’esque type habits that you don’t want a QB to develop. I agree that they developed because of the previous scheme and the teams need for him to carry them. But I do see them as bad habits and not a function of the scheme. As much as I disliked the previous scheme I’m pretty confident it didn’t call for Luck to predetermine and stare down his target (usually T.Y. or Doyle). That was him. Same with trying to make the perfect high risk throw while getting hit. I gaurentee he was told to throw the ball away. That’s where I see the difference in Luck that is not specifically a function of scheme. But it’s a chicken and egg kinda thing and all that matters is that it gets corrected. And currently it appears it is heading in a positive direction.

I’ll just add that I don’t see that as a knock on Luck in any way. I just see it as a product of good coaching. No matter how good the player, a good coach can and should make them better. That’s what I see with Luck and Reich and not much is more important for the future of this franchise than that IMO.
Yep. Only thing I'd add is that he seems to be making fewer of those "what were you thinking?!" throws than he did previously. I'm sure a lot of that is less pressure in the pocket, as well as having a good scheme that gets guys open.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
JAFF (11-16-2018), rm1369 (11-16-2018)