View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
That's your field mic? So you want a kind of wind screen to protect from wind noise and a dampener to bring those hard S's down. That recorder you have might be good for a sit down interview if evenly spaced between you.

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Digi...ateway&sr=8-19

I would recomend anything in the Zoom line. The H1n is an affordable solution for a step up. For a little bit more you can get a dead cat (wind screen) and a shock mount that will allow you to hold it while not actually touching the mic. Your voice quality will increase immensely. It has a meter on the front and you want your peaks between -15 and -5 if you are hitting 0db you are too strong and it distorts. Try to maintain the same distance between you and the mic.

Moving up from there the H5n and H6n allow you to change the mic heads and you can get different types of effects.

For a home mic the Yeti Blue is really good, add a spit screen for a couple bucks to bring your S's down and your quality will go up a lot. You can usually find decent deals on Amazon and occassionally on sale.

That was a little hard to listen to. Generally I find people are forgiving of bad video, but they are not as forgiving for bad audio. Your content is good, just need to bring up those technical aspects a little. Also for home some egg carton or sound insulation on some card board and put on the wall or around the mic will eliminate the echo.
Honestly, I was told that I was supposed to keep that recorder close to my mouth...I literally had it at my chin, which I did not realize at the time was way to close. And it kept picking up my breath. I found afterwards if I keep it approximately 6 inches to a foot from my mouth, it does a lot better. But I'll look into your product.

At home, I use a Blue Snowball. And I don't have a specific room I record in yet due to that room currently needs cleaned out. I take my computer from one room to another due to where people are in my house when I record. My bedroom is best I've noticed. But If my wife is sleeping...can't really interview there.