View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
What I think you are confusing is the point of the criticism. Criticism doesn't mean anyone wants Ballard fired, or thinks Ballard is the worst GM, or another Ryan Grigson. It's just pointing out obvious things that you can see with your eyes.

No one wants or should want Ballard to fail. I think he has made some bad choices, along with some good ones. He is new at this and I don't think you can reasonably argue that he hasn't made mistakes along the way. Ballard himself would not argue that point.

This game showcased a few things in Ballard's favor.

- Keeping Hunt was something most people didn't agree with. Especially over Simon. Hunt has played great through 2 games, after years of doing almost nothing (especially at DE). I hope he can keep it up.

- Leonard. Looking like a fantastic pick in round 2.

- You can criticize taking a guard at #6, but you can't criticize the way Nelson has played.

- Eberflus' defense looked good against solid competition, showing why he was kept despite the shit show w/McDaniels. The no-name DL playing so well was especially a surprise.

- RBs look like good fits for what Reich wants to do.

- Ebron seems like a bargain so far.
What about my original post makes you think that I don't understand what criticism is? I didn't say anyone was calling for his head. I said almost exactly what you said - he made a lot of difficult and unpopular decisions, and lots of them seem to be working out at this (admittedly) early point. I'm just excited about it, that's all.