View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 11:55 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,631 Times in 2,031 Posts

So it obviously will be important to watch the QB's this week. I think Herbert, Hurts, Love, and Gordan are all potentials picks if they go QB. At least there is a good chance his first name starts with a J.

If we don't go QB, another J name is Javon Kinlaw and my top choice. I think he will show off what he has got this week. Huge at 6-6, athletic, and disruptive. He doesn't have a ton of sacks but he always seems to blow up plays. Equally disruptive against the run and pass. I almost like him better than Brown who I see as more of a run plugger; kind of like Suh. I think Kinlaw will bring great pressure up the middle as a 3-tech and will be a nitemare for guys to block. Ballard talked about the pressure up the middle being the driving force in this style defense and that starts with a good 3-tech. So you know Ballard is thinking about the position. If we like him, we might becareful of teams trading above us to get him. There is some fall-off after him and you are looking at guys later in the 2nd round. Carolina and Denver have shown an interest in him.

I also like Duverney, the Texas WR in the later rounds. I have been following him all season. His coaches were raving about his hands in spring practices and they said he had the best hands on the team and maybe in the whole conference. He has great short area quickness and runs great routes causing separation. But his long speed is only decent. What I really like about him is his toughness, the guy runs like a running back and is thickly built for the rigors of the NFL. When they played LSU early in the year he took on Grant Delpit, one of the top safeties this year, and he hit Delpit so hard I think he almost knocked him out. Delpit tried to tackle him and Duverney knocked him to the ground.

Thing is, he mainly works out of the slot, Cambell's spot, and he isn't an athletic freak. But I like him and I think he represents a toughness and steadiness they could use in the WR core.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 01-22-2020 at 12:03 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Pez (01-23-2020), Racehorse (01-22-2020), Spike (01-22-2020)