View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 02:11 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.M.H. View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought both had suffered some injuries this year, which is why they weren't performing up to expectations.

Don't get me wrong; the pass rush was too anemic at times even with them in it, so I'm all for adding another edge rusher and a damn good 3-tech. But at the same time I'm still interested to see how the two already on our roster will end up being. Maybe that'll affect who they end up drafting?

And on a different topic: Does KC value the same sort of defensive lineman that Indy does? I ask because of that note at the end of the SB article: I'll go one further and say that it's also possible that there's a different set of criteria here that may make him adjust here. But I don't know, because I didn't pay enough attention to the minutiae about Kansas City's defense . Anyone know what their criteria are as opposed to the Colts? Would there be a difference, or will one team prefer a more technically polished player? Is speed a predominant trait that's looked for with either team, or power? Or burst, which is distinct from speed? Granted, the ideal EDGE has all of those, but those players tend to go top 10.
KC has an entirely different scheme than the Colts, and did when Ballard was there. Ballard is basically trying to build a front 7 that is similar to Dallas, which is extremely dissimilar from KC's front 7. That's why his preferences will look dissimilar, he's drafting for a different scheme.