View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 10:40 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
I know a lot of folks do not like PFF, but comparing grades for the past couple of seasons:

2017 / 2016 / 2015

61.2 / 41.6 / 75.7 / Denzelle Good
60.9 / 67.4 / DNP / Joe Haeg
37.0 / 53.2 / DNP / Le'Raven Clark

71.6 / 67.9 / 82.6 / Austin Howard

and for comparision:

82.0 / 82.9 / 79.1 / Anthony Castonzo

Only Good's rookie year (in which he only played in 5 games) has a higher grade than Howard's lowest rated year of all our native options for right OT.

I have little doubt that Howard is a better option than our current options for right OT and gets us another year down the road to rebuilding the team.

I hope we sign him.

Walk Worthy,
I don't like to lock myself into anything. I think PFF has proven itself wrong, unreliable, and ridiculous at times. But there are times I either agree with what they say, or that it brings up something I hadn't known/heard of/thought of that prompts me to take a closer look at it.

OL play is one of the most difficult things to assess in football. Most of us don't have the time to go watch enough games to get a feel for how good a guard or tackle is outside of our team, or maybe division. PFF can be helpful in these situations as long as you use it as a tool to build understanding and not as a single complete source.

From what I am reading Ravens fans liked him well enough to want to re-sign him so they could focus on other positions in the draft. Looks like he was cut because Baltimore has cap issues. They have no one better to play RT so it was painful to do it.