View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 12:11 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post
Bolded the important part.

No doubt Marlon is a talented running back. The key issue will be his durability. He missed 2 games in his rookie campaign (torn labrum in shoulder) and 4 games last year (hamstring). He has already been dealing with a calf injury this season. So far, no repetitive injury issue, however.

He has already racked up a high number of reps this season compared to the previous two years when looking at a reps/game rate. Will he be able to hold up under the higher usage rate? I hope so.
Fully agree with this. Ideally I would LOVE to see the Colts win the rushing title, but not Mack. I would like to see us at the end of the season with Mack, Hines, Wilkins, and hopefully even Williams all getting to very solid total rushing totals, and I think we can- but it is all about the OL staying healthy, if they do, I do think we will lead the league and by the end of the year will just be a battering ram chewing up clock by getting 150+ every game.

I think this is definitely a playoff team and I want Mack to be the hammer there and that means load management now.