View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 03:40 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,636 Times in 2,033 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
I don't think we are going after Rivers....I think JMV's "colts insider" source is solid. I think it's more likely we use one of our 2nd Round picks and draft a "developmental" QB and start the season with JB. Whether we finish the season with JB is a function of Frank's QB whisperer prowess and Ballard's ability to find a diamond that others miss (a la the maniac). The thing that changes this scenario is if Tommy Terrific goes to Las Vegas (unlikely IMHO), then I think we get in on the Carr sweepstakes, but probably loose out to someone who doesn't care about getting value in contracts.

The rest of the draft is BPA with a focus on both lines....necessary depth....and a WR with a later pick.

I heard a national guy (forget who) say that Colts and Giants are the top suitors for Clowney.....I think the Giants will write a bigger check and get him if he hits the market.
Higher taxes in NY. But of course more endorsement opportunities probably offset those taxes.

JMV is usually pretty reliable. Kinda bummed they want to try Jacoby 2.0, I just don’t see the upside.