View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
I don't think we are going after Rivers....I think JMV's "colts insider" source is solid. I think it's more likely we use one of our 2nd Round picks and draft a "developmental" QB and start the season with JB. Whether we finish the season with JB is a function of Frank's QB whisperer prowess and Ballard's ability to find a diamond that others miss (a la the maniac). The thing that changes this scenario is if Tommy Terrific goes to Las Vegas (unlikely IMHO), then I think we get in on the Carr sweepstakes, but probably loose out to someone who doesn't care about getting value in contracts.

The rest of the draft is BPA with a focus on both lines....necessary depth....and a WR with a later pick.

I heard a national guy (forget who) say that Colts and Giants are the top suitors for Clowney.....I think the Giants will write a bigger check and get him if he hits the market.
The primary reason I think the smoke around Rivers is true is because of how much everyone associated with the team has went out of their way to not endorse JB. If the plan was just to draft a developmental guy I’d think they’d be expressing more confidence in him - at least for season ticket holders sake. I think they’d have been talking more about the first half of the year and giving him more of a pass due to injury on the second half.

If Carr becomes available then I definitely agree he should be a target for them. I’d give up one of the two 2nd rounders for him. Don’t think I’d give up 13 though.