View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 01:02 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

OL

Kelly is too good to not pick up the 5th year option. It's cheap. But yes we should pick up a C/G to be primary backup and give us more than what Boehm did this year. Boehm didn't suck, maybe he'll improve. But it was not good enough to warrant guaranteeing his job.

RB

Mack is fine. I don't think we can count on him to be at his best consistently though. I'd rather pair him with a more dynamic option than Wilkins. I'd also like more creative use of Hines. With the right game planning he should be a chunk yardage weapon. Steal the automatic 8 yard pass shit from NE that they do with Edelman and have Hines do it. You can't tell me 32 year old former-nobody Julian Edelman is more quick and elusive than Hines.

WR

I prefer DL in the 1st. Ideal would be high-end DL at 26 and N'Keal Harry, Riley Ridley, or Kelvin Harmon in the early 2nd. But if DK Metcalf were to fall to 26 (probably won't) and there is no DL worth taking at 26, I wouldn't mind taking him. His physical skill set is similar to Calvin Johnson/Julio Jones/Josh Gordon.

Bringing back Inman is smart. He's probably a low-end WR2, but a good WR3 and fantastic WR4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
WR
Deion Cain is such an untested quantity it's difficult to count on him to be WR2. Agree we need to draft someone high.
Get out of here with that garbage. Deon Cain is a 4-time All Pro.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FatDT For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (02-13-2019), Pez (02-12-2019), Racehorse (02-13-2019), sherck (02-12-2019), VeveJones007 (02-17-2019)