Thread: Get vaccinated
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 03:59 AM

Thanked 2,568 Times in 1,147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
I statistically have a better chance of hitting the lottery, and struck by lightening in the same day than I do contracting covid and dying from it.
I don't care if you get vaccinated or not.

However, the above statement is simply not true. Wherever you read that is feeding you incorrect information. If you found that on social media or somewhere else on the internet - it may have been started by the Russians - Russia is spreading false information about COVID vaccines in the US, France, the UK, and elsewhere to sow doubt among the general public.

- You are much more likely to die of COVID than you are to hit a Powerball lottery jackpot.

- You are much more likely to die of COVID than you are to win $1,000,000 from matching 5 of 6 numbers in Powerball.

- You are much more likely to die of COVID than you are to win $50,000 from Powerball.

Where the cutoff usually occurs is winning $100 - at that prize point, you are usually more likely to win $100 than to die from COVID. However, your COVID death risk depends on your age, how good hospitals are in your area, other pre-existing risk factors, whether you are vaccinated, etc.

Even if you look at an individual state lottery - such as the Hoosier Lottery - you are much more likely to die of COVID than to win the Hoosier Lottery jackpot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (06-11-2021), JAFF (06-11-2021)