Thread: Politics
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
You'll get no argument from me. I do, however, hope that all of the bickering about Trump doesn't make people lose sight over how hard China fucked the world (including their own citizens) by covering this up, which included lying to the WHO that this wasn't contagious between humans. Because of the cover up no one outside of the Chinese government knew how really bad this was until shit started hitting the fan in Europe, and by then it was too late to contain it.

I'll get off my soapbox now. My apologies for bringing politics into the sports discussion, lol.
Not a soapbox. Cold, hard truth.

Authoritative governments control the media to ensure that only their message gets out. There is no concept in China about the government working for their people's best interest; there is only that a government works towards its own best interest.

China is truly the bad guy in this scenario. Regardless of what you think of the current U.S. administration, don't lose sight of the basic fact that China's government is the complete opposite of a government "of the people, by the people, for the people."
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ironshaft For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (04-07-2020), Racehorse (04-07-2020), smitty46953 (04-07-2020), Spike (04-07-2020)