Thread: Colts sign RT
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 07:42 AM

Thanked 1,206 Times in 531 Posts

From an article from Baltimorebeatdown.com on if they should release Austin Howard in order to save $3.000m in cap space.

- Interestingly enough, Pro Football Focus graded him as the 36th best tackle last season, which they note as average (out of 83 OTs who started at least 6 games in 2017).

- I don't want them to (cut him) but with the re-signing of James Hurst, it’s almost an inevitability at this point.

- At this point in time this would be a terrible decision.

- I’m a fan of good OL, something Howard has shown himself to be with us.

- Have to keep Howard unless the Ravens draft one in the first round IMO. He is an average right tackle, which is much better than anyone else on the roster and better than many other teams trot out.

=====
I am not ready to hand him the starting spot but if healthy, I have little doubt that he will win the spot over Haeg or Good.

Castonzo / Nelson / Kelly / Smith or Mewhort / Howard

Depth = Haeg, Good, Smith or Mewhort, Slausson, Bond

That is SUCH a better O-line than we fielded in 2017 it is not even funny.

With Luck being back, the mix'n'match nature of our offensive speciality positions and a good O-Line, our offense is going to be good.

Now, if the defense can just become somewhat average (which I am not expecting because our LBs or going to get ROCKED), we are cooking on oil.

Walk Worthy,